Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VL! (first car)

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Update (21/11/11)

Today i went down to my local exhaust shop,
And $65 later i have a chrome 2.5' dump pipe tip welded on.
Here's some pics.

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Also last saturday i got some new tyers and got all aligned for $390.

Cheers.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
So the only thing i've had left to do is fix the oil leaks, or as the rw centre said clean the engine of all oil stains..
So i got the old aussie export degreaser and high pressure washer out today and gave it a good clean!
Hopefully all goes good at the roadworthy centre amd she should be on the road by christmas!

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
The VL's passed it's roadworthy and is heading to the rego centre tuesday!

bt1turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Genuine VL BT1 Turbo
congrats dude, cars come a long way its good to see all this progess on your first car and that your doing what you can yourself!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
How'd you go fitting your exhaust? I was looking at a redback a few months ago since I have extractors with a 2.5" outlet to the stock exhaust, which is like 2" or something so I get a bit of a drone since it's going smaller from larger

ffestival

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford WB Festiva
oh fully sik vl turbo uleh su tu su tu su tu we should go get a kebab uleh and pick up the chicks

matt123776

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII 5.7 Berlina
Looks really tidy mate. Great pick up for $800 + the bits and pieces. I would skip SSL springs though as you mentioned.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
How'd you go fitting your exhaust? I was looking at a redback a few months ago since I have extractors with a 2.5" outlet to the stock exhaust, which is like 2" or something so I get a bit of a drone since it's going smaller from larger

bottle-necking ur exhaust like that will have a performance drop as she aint breathing properly RB

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
congrats dude, cars come a long way its good to see all this progess on your first car and that your doing what you can yourself!
Thanks a lot man! means a lot :D

The hardest part of the whole process was actually getting off the old exhaust, haha. (Ended up angle grinding it off)
Nah man its really easy, took me about 20 minutes..

oh fully sik vl turbo uleh su tu su tu su tu we should go get a kebab uleh and pick up the chicks

''ride: Ford WB festiva"
Enough said.

Looks really tidy mate. Great pick up for $800 + the bits and pieces. I would skip SSL springs though as you mentioned.

Thanks man :) yeah it was a great deal.
Yeah i'm going to lower it but i've decided to do it to a reasonable height, Just because it sits way too high IMO..
Thankls for the input :D

Thanks everyone for checking it out and commenting!