Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new VN

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
ah sorry Vn2nV, just saw the post in the other thread.... nice car btw, that would have set you back a pretty penny! nice mags too, I got a set of white mags, not sure how they will look on the car yet, as soon as I have some rubber on them they are going on!!

As for colour coding the bumper etc, it looks awesome, can you just have the original one sprayed or what? (Sorry I am a n00b when it comes to cars, my boyfriend and I both ride motorcycles) so you could ask me basically any question about a bike but when it comes to a car I am just like "huh" (I am the typical female really!)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Just spray the original ones white... I've attached a pic of my car back when it just had colour coded bumpers and ss sideskirts...

Sand it all back, clean it with metho or bug remover or something and let it dry, then spray on some plastic primer... then go at it with some Alpine White paint then a few coats of clear :). Get a cut and polish after to bring your old paint up to scratch with the new bumpers...

Attachments

• Vn2nV Side.jpg
    Vn2nV Side.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 97

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
that looks nice!!!!

Whats a cut and polish? (see, told you I was a n00b when it came to cars and modding them etc!) I was just going to get a new spray job because the paint is discoloured due to age etc..its more of an off white than a white