Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Pride Panther Boat

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ah....Thats cool then. 8k Was a really neat price for such a boat. How much I would love one!

Yeah, I am very happy with this boat for 8k. I went to 4 odd other dealers and look at their boats in the same price range. Lets just say I was "unimpressed" and they wouldn't budget on price.

One of the dealers lost me very quick when he pointed to a boat and said it was a Caribbean Cheetah when in fact I knew it was a Caribeean Runabout. Never good for someone who is trying to sell me a boat to demonstrate they don't know what they are selling.

But yeah, the other thing to keep in mind is that I jointly bought this as I couldn't justify paying 8k for something I will only use for 3 months a year max!

LMAO. Just checking :) What pitch does it have? Does he have a selection?

No idea man. I told him what I was planning on using it for and he said he would fit a prop that suited my needs. I think be mentioned something about a prop that I wouldn't be able to accidentally over rev it easily or something.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
No idea man. I told him what I was planning on using it for and he said he would fit a prop that suited my needs. I think be mentioned something about a prop that I wouldn't be able to accidentally over rev it easily or something.
Sounds good. Just FYI, the lower the number pitch of the prop, the faster your holeshot will be, but you lose top end speed.

As you go up in pitch, you gain more topend, but your holeshot speed suffers. For every change in prop pitch (15,17,19,21) you lose approximately 400rpm

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sll Caprice/ 2009 SR5 Turbo
Sounds good. Just FYI, the lower the number pitch of the prop, the faster your holeshot will be, but you lose top end speed.

As you go up in pitch, you gain more topend, but your holeshot speed suffers. For every change in prop pitch (15,17,19,21) you lose approximately 400rpm

Wow you know your boats...lol...Whats the best boat I can get for about 17 - 20k?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

I see... I will have to post up the specs once I have it this Saturday. I'm assuming "holeshot" is as in the boat getting out of the "hole" or accelerating from standing position?

So it's basically the opposite to diff ratios. With a diff the higher you go in ratio the quicker you can get off the line but you loose top end. With prop the higher the pitch the higher the top speed but less acceleration.

Cool. Handy to know. ;)

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Wow you know your boats...lol...Whats the best boat I can get for about 17 - 20k?

Probably want to give more criteria than just a price. For that money you can get anything from old fishing trawlers to small yachts.

PS, start your own boating thread. :p

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably want to give more criteria than just a price. For that money you can get anything from old fishing trawlers to small yachts.

PS, start your own boating thread. :p

Yea...sorry about hijacking brah....

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Ahhh memories . I used to have a pride cheetah the younger brother loved that boat !

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, we looked at a few Cheetah's but they were too small for what we wanted. The Cheetah are 4.5m and the Panther is 5m and the hull on the Panther is a fair bit deeper/wider.

Can't wait to get it!

99% sure it will be ready this Saturday. So it's down to the dealer and he is going to show up how to put it in the water, start it, etc.

Then tow it home, admire it for a bit and hopefully hit the water. Though that depends on if it's rego'd already. :(

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, we looked at a few Cheetah's but they were too small for what we wanted. The Cheetah are 4.5m and the Panther is 5m and the hull on the Panther is a fair bit deeper/wider.

Can't wait to get it!

99% sure it will be ready this Saturday. So it's down to the dealer and he is going to show up how to put it in the water, start it, etc.

Then tow it home, admire it for a bit and hopefully hit the water. Though that depends on if it's rego'd already. :(

Boats make good trailers...When ever i need a trailer for work I pull out the old tinnie...never hits the water now...