Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My QUIKVN ( VN V6 5 speed)

M

MAT87M

nice car mate looks awesome. top points for being different and at the end of the day those who think you are full of crap **** em its ur car u put the hard hards and dollars into it so u obviously wanted it done so who gives a **** what anyone else thinks. well done mate keep it up.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
with plates like that you have to have a fast car :p

those sort of mods are well out of my price range, but hey i aint running nos in my car so i dont have to

good luck with it all

CHAMRA1

Reaction score
I never stated flywheel Kws , I don't know them and its hard to tell .

Don't go calling me names just because I did something different .
The power is acurate , Not bodgied up with correction factors on the dyno like most people do .

I have dyno sheets that range from 178 -200 rwkws done on different dynos , But I only state the lowest reading of 178 to be far .

I've built 5 worked V6 engines before this motor power ranging from 120 kws to 145 kws , The other engines were nowhere near as tuff as this one now .

If you doubt the power give Steve at S&S Racing a Call and ask him yourself . 03 9310 7842 .

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Jealousy is a bitch aint it CHAMRA1. There you go doubters give him a call.

Last edited:

CHAMRA1

Reaction score
Engine Bay Pics:
297016_95_full.jpg

297016_96_full.jpg

297016_97_full.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Suggestions, duct 2 pods an 2 seperate intake pipes, your CFM rate will increase by almost double..

Cheers
MaT

CHAMRA1

Reaction score
I already have a pod that I use thats under the front Fog light .
But The airbox is what I use for everyday use .

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Not the point, Your getting air restriction, With the setup you have you might aswell of left it as a single throttle body, What I'm trying to say is if you measure the AF(Air Flow) running down how the single pipe joins into the throttle body extension for the secondary throttle your getting a lot of air flow loss...

Try to work it with 2 pipes.. You'll feel the difference.

Cheers
MaT

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Why bother? The Group A intake used a single entry point then split to the dual throttle bodies. The WGR intake was the same, single entry to dual throttle bodies.
Pods are useless on a street car, only sucks in engine bay heat, only way around that is having it outside of the bay (wheel arch, etc) but this isnt really practicle for a daily (water up the pop = bang)
AirStrike :air:

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Water on the POD does not = Bang!

Dave you go check the GRP-A Setups, Go put a AF & AT sensor in each throttle, an measure the restriction you'll be getting, it's simple science. I even remember this.

When aire is diverted off another pipe there will be concentration losses causing a diverse change in the air pressure, This causes a static like effect which will divert the air down a less restrictive passage, One throttle body will be getting more air because the V join that it hits will be causing the air to hit that center section of the split an it will cause the air to choose a passage, after enough flow the air will polarize an pick up a slight charge an it'll choose the most diverse passage for the air to flow.

Why'd the GRP-A Have a single... It was factory.

Why'd the WGR intake have a single... Wasn't run with any AT or AF sensors.

I know 3 people that have made this mistake personally, until there mech's suggested having sensors fitted, they found running 2 single intake pipes to the air box, an ducting the air box underneath was a more direct an even air flow into the manifold causing for a better response, Meaning when the air goes into the plenum its not comming in at two different pressures causing a tornado effect in the manifold.

Just think about it, have a bit of a read, Discard anything i actually know about this whatever.

All in all it was just a suggestion an a D-TB is still awesome.

Cheers
MaT