Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My red hot SSV sportswagon

HillsBoy44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I'm thinking of getting a 3.7 diff in my auto VE SSV. How much of a punch did it give you when you put your foot down?

How much did it alter your fuel economy? Does the increased reving bother you? What does it rev at cruise now?

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
I'm thinking of getting a 3.7 diff in my auto VE SSV. How much of a punch did it give you when you put your foot down?

How much did it alter your fuel economy? Does the increased reving bother you? What does it rev at cruise now?

G'day mate, car feels sharper low down (done the diff before cam upgrade) and made 6th gear more useable happy to run along in 6th at 80km/h or so. Don't know about the auto, but rpm only went up around 150-200rpm or so sitting on 1700rpm@100km/h made little difference to fuel if anything is better it's good on juice for a 2 tonne v8 wagon with 340rwkw:surprise:. I've heard 3.45 (manual ssv) or even 3.27 (auto hsv) are good options also. I know 3.27's in a auto v8 ve pull around 1800rpm@100km/h.
Cheers.