Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Red VL Turbo.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Good stuff. You really should have waited for the turbo, it would of been a lot easier to bolt on manifold and turbo with the motor out of car. Your going to have to be very carful to not scratch anything when you bolt up the manifold turbo and dumpies. I scratched the **** out of my bay with spanners and ratchets and a hammer when i was getting pissed off spending 4 hours trying to hook up the water feed to the block.

HÝPÕ-5L

Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Members Ride
Blown V8 94 VR Manual Ute
Nar shouldnt be too hard seeing im running all braided lines for the turbo...... :D

rb26vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais turbo rb26det
hey mate what sorta power did this thing put down before any dino runs ?

HÝPÕ-5L

Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Members Ride
I have no idea mate........ but once its running and tuned to run 14psi im hoping to get past 200rwkws at least.......

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
your injectors max out at around 200ish. so maybe put some GTR injectors in and a nistune and you will see 200+

cracker

Reaction score
injectors will spit it just before 200rwkw, mine did 183rwkw a little lean up top though, a reg will get you closer to your 200rwkw but thats about the limit.

HÝPÕ-5L

Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Members Ride
Hey all,

yer it has a fuel reg, i was looking at a set of 440cc injectors from a GTR for $200 i should have got them...........

Did abit more to the beast today, Put radiator in and clutch pan, bolted up the clutch line and slave cylinder........ Started to get the VN Drop tank preped and primed, ready to be painted silver.

Hoping in the next 3 weeks ill have recived the turbo and the other goodies.....

Anyway here are some pic's

Image993.jpg

Image995.jpg

Image996.jpg

Image997.jpg

Image998-1.jpg