Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Silver VY II S ute

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Thanks mate. I thought about removing the S badges, but then I thought about how I spent the extra to get an S pack - that and I'm too lazy to do it.
My sound system consists of:
A Pioneer head unit
An Alpine V power 4x50w Amp
A Kicker 2x220w Amp
Clarion 6.5" components
Kicker C3 12" Sub.

Not exactly super loud, but it's still awesome.

Manukas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S 3.8L M5 ute
Nice set up, how are the clarion's? and also is that a full size sub? I've got a slim line sub behind my passenger seat (Kicker CVT12).

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Good to see it with the front back on aswell :D

Hows it go with the Charger back on and the Intercooler all set-up?
Have you swapped over to the new clamps, did it fix the hose popping off?

Is there much room behind the seats for your sub, or is it a long skinny box?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
The clarions have a nice sound to them - they're relatively skinny too so there's no worries about hitting the windows. The sub is a full size one, it lives under the inspection panel in the tray.
subbro.jpg

The ute goes like a crazy mofo all charged and intercooled - it is actually insane how much more poke the old girl's got just with the addition of the intercooler! New clamps and silicon should be here next week I hope. Last night it popped off again so i got the socket set out and tightened the clamp up near to the point of snapping it. I Hope it holds up at the drags on saturday.

Went to the mechanic today, ordered the double row timing chain plus all the ACL gaskets i need to get the heads and cam replaced. All up it shouldn't cost me any more than $1500 to get them installed, and the upper manifold port matched to the heads.

Manukas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S 3.8L M5 ute
Good to see it with the front back on aswell :D

Hows it go with the Charger back on and the Intercooler all set-up?
Have you swapped over to the new clamps, did it fix the hose popping off?

Is there much room behind the seats for your sub, or is it a long skinny box?

You end up losing about 4 inches of seat travel when its back in the right position but it doesn't bother me cos i'm not sitting in it :)

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
The new head gaskets, timing chain and other bits needed for the cam swap arrived this week. I opted for the heavy duty ACL gaskets, because I don't want to end up having to replace them in the near future. Cost a fair bit thought - $330 a side. Timing chain kit was roughly $300 again - looks like it'll be a while before i can actually afford to get this cam put in....

MRH OOD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina
this might be the thread i need i have a vy and got a ssx kit but cant find foglights to fit. the vz monaros look like they will fit has anyone tried this

MRH OOD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina
this i think is a better thred i signed up to ask if anyone with a ssx bar found foglights for it i have a vy berlina with ssx kit and never found foggies for it

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
So, there's been a bit of a delay upping the boost, I'm still having teething problems with the intercooler piping but they should be sorted by Saturday. Finally got my tax back so the heads and Cam should be going in very soon, I've also got a ported manifold to go on as well which has been matched to the new heads.
I was talking to Tim about the Raptor V Hybrid. It's basically the Raptor V behind mated to the Raptor R compressor wheel and housing - good for a safe 14psi. I'm planning on only running 12 at the most, because i really don't want to blow the poor old fox up, but I'll be running a wastegate on there to bleed off the excess boost - this setup should also allow me to build more boost down lower as well. Power readings might be a bit lower on 12psi compared to normal R setups because I'd assume the bigger charger would consume more power?