Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my system eventually, do you agree?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
i'd make up a box yourself if you can... it's not that difficult really and it can be done with minimal tools it just takes a bit longer. a $30 jigsaw (or free if you have a mate with one) and say $20-$30 for some MDF, $20 to cover glue/screws and you could make a box that matches the subwoofer specifically. Oh, and maybe $10-$20 for a little carpet, but you won't need much for one sub.

The sub your looking at should have a whole load of details with numbers listed (theille small parameters). From these parameters you can use free software off the net and input all the figures to come up with an ideal box size and type for your needs. You could probably get a pre-fabricated box for around $80, it's just unlikely you'll find something that will sound as good as one you make up especially to the correct size. Most prefab boxes tend to be too small. Anyway, you might not consider it worth the time and effort, but it's an option nonetheless.

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Don't waste your money on rear fill, ditch the coax and buy some dynamat for your doors. That'll add more to your system provided you cover your service holes. I've got response splits in mine with two punch z's in the boot and used to have coaxs in the rear but i found myself fading them down and eventually ripped em out.
As for your rear passengers i actually get compliments from the back seat now instead of can you turn that down