Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My time capsule

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Here are some updated pics...
100_0461.jpg
100_0466.jpg
100_0467.jpg
100_0470.jpg

Here are some updates...
- Panel beating done, rust removed, resprayed in 2pack Firethorn Red
- Installed seat covers to keep seats cool in summer
- Bumpers rechromed
- Wheels repainted
- New: Tyres, shocks, steering rack, battery, front springs, brake system, carpet, console, boot carpet, carb rebuilt. Has had transmission repairs.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
You have a pristine VB on your hands there.
I'm about to pull my interior out of mine, you're welcome to my old interior bits for free if you want spares. The catch is you'll have to come get em!
Your Vb and dazz's VN should be in the museum at bathurst on show from what i can see.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did offer it to McFeeters museum at forbes for hire but they were not interested - too 'common'. Already had a 70s falcon and kingswood on display.
I may be coming your way VHSS in november (central coast half marathon).
That is a very nice VN Dazza. Reminds me of my VX that only had 37600 on it (is now 61600). I feel that in 5-10 yrs VN-VP will be the next big thing as clean, unmolested originals, regardless of trim level, take off. VL SLs now around $6k in good nick.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thread bump - car still going but some clown dented the door in carpark, awaiting panelbeating (booked in week after next). Also getting under the front bumper re-done along with the sills with some stone guard paint to prevent stone chips. Chipping very badly in these areas. In last 18 months I have added the following things:

-Period 1980 NSW Rego sticker (re-made)
-full set of original factory overriders.
-luggage area returned to stock with rubber boot mat and uncovered spare (as it would have been for a base model)
-new muffler, fuel pump, thermostat housing, chrome rocker cover and sideplates.

In the midst of all this car has been awarded a car of the day trophy at NSW all holden day (last year), and has been featured on front page of local paper in a headline story (when it was announced holden was closing down).
Also did some history research about the original owner and the dealership it was from. As it turns out, within 8 months of being registered, both the factory and the dealership it would have been sold from had both closed down.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
but what about those speakers? :|

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
The speakers......ahh yes, true they date from 2009 lol. Could go to wreckers and see if I can find some period appropriate speaker grilles, or may look around on the web for some......that being said the ipod and head unit under the seat kills the disco-period illusion anyway ;)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some more things I found on Sydney Morning Herald Archives:

Front page of SMH on day car was first delivered (Iranian US Hostage Crisis big news story)
getimage10.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Ad showing the sale of John A Gilbert, Camperdown in Dec 1979, 1 month after the car was sold there (dealership closed because it was unprofitable - consolidated to where Suttons Waitara is now)
getimage20.png
[/URL][/IMG]
VB on bypassed section of Great Western Highway. Road was bypassed in 1981, has been left untouched (local access road), you can even see the old double yellow line!
SAM_0003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
First time I've seen this. Nice as it is. Don't think putting over riders would look good.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
First time I've seen this. Nice as it is. Don't think putting over riders would look good.

I reckon they look fine.......even still, worth having as a fairly rare factory set.