Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
i can't decide if i like the painted bumper bars or not.

Yeh, I'm with you. They're just a temporary measure to get it to the wedding as I don't have $1000 to spend on new chrome bars. So painted bars was the cheapest and easiest way to get it looking like a complete car. They're actually growing on me, but I still think it needs chrome bars. I wouldn't put painted steel bars on any other car but an LH-X Torana, that's the only car they can work on IMO.

Yeah it looks great. No 2 ways about it

Thanks reaper. It's been a long road, but I can see the end now.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Good job tim personally i like the painted bumpers there's not many cars that can pull it off well

DanWA

Burnout.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Love it, one of the few i've liked with painted bumpers

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Well the Torana made it to the wedding at least.

Dunno if it was running yet though.

Better hope he is enjoying his wedding rather then giving us an update anyway.

10982063_10206179491946280_678183859885528028_n.jpg

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
So, as dirbatua has posted, it made the wedding. However, what you guys don't know is that it actually ran and drove, brakes and all. We fired it up for the first time on Wednesday arvo. It fired up first turn of the key. Everything went really well except for a problem with the head studs leaking coolant. I think we have that sorted though.

The motor is running really nicely, it sounds pretty damn angry if I do say so myself. Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot to do to call it finished but it got to the point where I was happy to take it to the wedding. To actually be able to drive it into my wedding (trailered to venue then driven in, bit short on reg) was the icing on the cake.

I got bugger all pics of it at the wedding as I was too busy, but here are a couple. I'll get it out and take some more on the weekend. All in all, I'm absolutely stoked.

My son and I with the car.

Random pics.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Awesome to hear it made the wedding; running even better, congrats too by the way.

Would love to come down and take some photos of this once its finished, the green just pops.