Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VH, 19s, Custom interior in the making

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
its an old commodore lowered on rims. thats a defect no matter where your from.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Haha, dont know where your from, but around here, the cops probly wouldnt batter an eyelid at you driving that, its got a clean paint job, well looked after, (as long as you werent being a tool in it) some would probly want a look at it...

I had 20'' wheels on my VH for 3 months, very low - tyre to gaurd, sat pretty high off the ground but, in patchy primer - black - and red, fully shaved, and never got pulled over, or looked at twice, driving sensibly..

I can see what you're saying, but wouldnt expect this car to be in that category...

EDIT: as long as the wheel diameter isnt out by much, I think 10-20mm?? 99% sure its still legal, in NSW,

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i guess im just sour for being defected for having 17s on a vt lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ouch... That sucks hard.. lol, Should check that out, see if it is defectable? I have had 20's on my VY for almost three years, no probs...

Whats the law where you are?
2inches bigger than stock?
similar rolling diameter?
anything other than stock, lol..

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
hey mate looks heaps good aye. loving it.

with hood lining get it off ebay that where i got my black velor one from. wasnt to pricey either

This is what i'll be doing, tossing up between vinyl and velour, did you install it yourself? If so was it hard? Or did you get a professional to do it, and was it expensive? Sorry for all the responses but i've been dreading the headlining.

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
looks like a rolling defect. That doesnt mean its not a farking sweet ride though.

Cheers nicko, no trouble with the cops as of yet (touch wood) bad luck with your vt troubles :(

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Haha, dont know where your from, but around here, the cops probly wouldnt batter an eyelid at you driving that, its got a clean paint job, well looked after, (as long as you werent being a tool in it) some would probly want a look at it...

I had 20'' wheels on my VH for 3 months, very low - tyre to gaurd, sat pretty high off the ground but, in patchy primer - black - and red, fully shaved, and never got pulled over, or looked at twice, driving sensibly..

I can see what you're saying, but wouldnt expect this car to be in that category...

EDIT: as long as the wheel diameter isnt out by much, I think 10-20mm?? 99% sure its still legal, in NSW,

Cheers for the compliments again Zeussy, I try to keep her clean and I wouldn't be a tool in this, I like it too damn much to become a wreck.

Loving your VH BTW.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, its all good, agree with you there,
older cars = harder to find a good one = dont want to smash a good one!

Thanks mate, its got a long way to go, thinking of scrapping the paint job, and starting over in a different colour.. in 2 pac, its only acrylic, and it chips up real easy,

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Ahh ok, damn acrylic.

2pac will be much better and with a new paint job your vh will be looking a million bucks.

I want to do your fuel filler and spare tyre modifications down the line sometime, they really make the car look smoother.