Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Berlina project

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
sorry about the pics, i don't have a camera so i had to take them with the webcam in my laptop.

the brake booster should be next
TPhoto_00005.jpg

TPhoto_00006.jpg

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
are you going to paint the engine bay whist their is no motor? what colour u painting the car?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
i might be painting the engine bay black and i wont be painting the car for another 6 months depends on money but i like dark purple or dark green,

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
if you are gonna go black, then do youself a favour and do it matte/semi gloss/chassis black. that way blemishes wont be as obvious and you dont have to take as much care with your prep work. having said that, you will need to get rid of most of the white base, cos if you chip or scratch the black (which you will most likely do putting the engine in) the white will stick out like dogs balls.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
if you are gonna go black, then do youself a favour and do it matte/semi gloss/chassis black. that way blemishes wont be as obvious and you dont have to take as much care with your prep work. having said that, you will need to get rid of most of the white base, cos if you chip or scratch the black (which you will most likely do putting the engine in) the white will stick out like dogs balls.

Or you can be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally careful

VH0195.jpg

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
since i haven't posted in a while ill post what i have done so far ( which isn't much but anyway )
IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

since i have no battery and lock has been filled with body filler the previous owner put this cable in
IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this pic is actually really promising:
IMAG0147.jpg

no rust around the rear seam where the boot floor meets the rear panel ;) a good start. very very common place to rust.

with your boot floor, i have to be honest and say that your best off getting a panel piece from rare spares. even though it wont fit and itll cost you a tonne, its the best way to get it RWC. some testers will have kitten if you try and repair a hole that big.

now, what i want you to do: pull that back windscreen out and run over the bottom section with a wire wheel on the angle grinder. from the looks of the rear panel, you may find there is little/no rust. fingers crossed. the back window is pretty easy to get out. from the inside of the car: just lift a corner of the seal with a blade screwdriver, put your feet on the screen (weird position, but it works) press with your feet while pushing the seal out. the rear window flexes quite a bit so dont stress too much, but also: dont go overboard cos' they WILL crack of you go too mental.

keep the pics comain mate.

oh also, rip off the boot seal and show us a pic of the two corners towards the front of the car. (please)

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks mate
i haven't been online for a while, when my mother gets home in the morning ill take some pics

I got the 6 a couple days ago im gonna strip it down and rebuild it ill post pics in the morning