Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Berlina project

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
sorry i have been a bit lazy lately but i have done a bit..... i would be doing more to this car but i cant go too far since i will be moving soon and my mother will get pissed if its not in a moveable condition so im gonna put the suspension back on it and do it when i move, also the car is in a driveway next to my mothers car so there isn't musch room...

i found this today with the wire wheel, looks like the previus owner bogged up rust holes should i use a mig on it?
there is more under the boot seal
WP_000139.jpg

EDIT: this is the best i can do with the dent in front of the strut tower, but i can borrow my mates mig and ill try cutting an X
WP_000114.jpg

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
found this under the driver side quarter window

WP_000149.jpg

WP_000161.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey mate what did u think of the shows up here of late did u check out the one on the weekend?????? Sorry i did not get to talk to u long at the swap meet!!!!
Will have to catch up at the auto spectacular on the 15/9/12!!!!!!!

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate, i went to both, that VK wags was just crazy and made me a bit deaf, very good day, and the swap meet was good to but didn't stay to long, got some good bargains

and thank you for telling me about the auto spectacular i didn't know about but i will see you there

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ill be buying this VQ Statesman tomorrow for $1200, its a 5ltr, no rust (that i know of) and descent interior, it lost 3rd so ill drive it around the suburbs until i get a new box then ill use it untill the rego runs out, i dont know if ill put more rego on it or not but once i get my vk ready all the running gear will go into the vk then ill take what i want off it and scrap it or put a v6 in it and give it to my sister if she would like it

i think it is a good buy.
424322_332409416849690_1090498078_n.jpg

and this is what i want the vk to look like at the end
106031d1291013906-vk-fuel-injected-5ltr-vk-1.jpg

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
what are your thoughts on this.

im thinking of putting everything from the stato into my vk, like the electric windows, AC, central locking, wiring loom, climate control unit etc, but try to keep the vk dash looking original as possible.

so basically just swap the vq accessories with the vk but keeping the original look, this way i have everything i need and dont have to buy a new loom,

and this car wouldn't suit my sister, its to big, heavy and to much fuel

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i wouldnt know how youd go with the interior accessories out of the vq...

BUT. injected 5 litre.. mad idea mate congrats

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yeah running gear will go in easy,
window mechs won't,rear seats and door trims will need to much work to fit,never seen a vk with climate control give it ago,if your not mechanically minded good luck,lol.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wasn't going to put the interior in , just the electrics, I'll stick with the window wonder then.

The reason for the electrics swap over is the vk loom is fked as well as the heater, so I'll just swap it over that way I get more from the stato, I'll find a way to make the climate control to work properly,
so it will look like a standed vk with some statesman features