Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vk vacationer 308

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
You can buy the connectors on the net I would look but I'm on my phone :p

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
ok so i have engine in, but not running, have no spark or injector pulse.. i have constant power to computer, igniction switch to computer, earthed, park neutral switch earthed, EFI relay and fuel pump all wired up plus all connectors on engine, what else are the basics for the engine to run? i dont have to have the ALDL connector for the engine to run do i? anyone other surgguestions on possible where else i could start or look? and engine turnes over fine just no spark or fuel

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
engine is now running, problem was had my ignition wire on wrong one, had it on one that cuts off when engine cranking over which is why nothing was working, now all fixed and now can pull engine out again to be rebuilt

kwakaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina / VZ Calais / GSX750F
That's some nice work there mate. I know you guys have some tough cars over the water there and yours is definatley one of them.

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
pic of when i had engine in the car and running
DSC00051-1.jpg

took engine out once again..
stripped engine down to inspect
DSC00057-1.jpg

engine has been very neglected old oil sludge baked on thick everywhere looks like it hasnt had a oil change in a very long time.. bearings were very warn, found a broken ring on a piston and some quite bad cam wear on a few lobes, o well dosnt matter its all getting rebuilt, engine is now down at my bros work, hes a engine machinist, getting hot tanked, steam cleaned then crack test, measure everything ect to make sure its all fine, not going overboard on the rebuilt, just basically building it a bit stronger for boost, get a cam grind to suit a turbo, roller rockers, head studs, metal head gasket, block o ringed (maybe), hypereutectic pistons, standard rods, arp rod bolts, new bearings, all new gaskets, high volume oil pump, bigger sump, plus all machining ect
DSC00054-1.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
umm just fuel system and wiring up the computer, its not hard once you understand it

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Gday mate tough VK u got there keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!