Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VL Formula-Group E

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
G,day lads! Well I recently just bought a car for myself for work purposes as the VS is currently driven by the missus ect & so here she is! Car is a factory VL formula group E turbo which i picked up for the handsome sum of 4K! Needless to say the car was well looked after and very clean with the engine still pulling strong and not blowing any smoke! The car also came with a bunch of receipts (one of the receipts was for a rebuilt turbo and small cooler fitted! anyway the car was sold unregistered and is now waiting for a RWC!

Future mods: I really want to keep the car reasonably stock but i am going to fit a aero kit to the car @ some stage and a good stereo system! Other mods include a nice custom boot install and a respray and tidy up of the bay! other than that its just fine the way it is @ the moment. Anyway hope ya,s like it;)

bhx11x.jpg

2quol1x.jpg

33nvwb6.jpg

2lxc6dw.jpg

esj820.jpg

Engine bay when i got the car.....
2h30bwm.jpg

Engine bay after a clean up:D, The Rocker cover is red just looks orange in the sun lol!
30tgax4.jpg

2qcfqj5.jpg

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Wow mate, looks nice, look after her!! i like what u did with the engine bay.. i kinda had a shock at the first look then i seen the after photo :D

ps. i have the same bov, i was unsure where to mount it..now i know :D

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Wow mate, looks nice, look after her!! i like what u did with the engine bay.. i kinda had a shock at the first look then i seen the after photo :D

ps. i have the same bov, i was unsure where to mount it..now i know :D

Thanks mate:) Yeah still heaps to do on the engine bay side of things, but it looks a lil better than before! Main thing i Want 2 do is get her registered so i can drive:D

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
group E? first time i heard of one

looks clean and a bargin

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Sweet as! Looks better after a clean up! Nice pick up for a good price.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Never heard of a group E but it looks like a nice pickup!

group E? first time i heard of one

looks clean and a bargin
Cheers fellas! The whole Group E discussion can be read On CT! Its to much info to post, cause im 2 lazy @ the moment:p
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=176018
Sweet as! Looks better after a clean up! Nice pick up for a good price.
Cheers Cobez! Got some nice plans for this car:)

blueVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
looks good there , did it get rego's ok ?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
looks good there , did it get rego's ok ?

G,day blueVL, The car was booked in this coming Thursday to have a safety cert done, but its going to have to wait now for a few more weeks as i have had some unexpected problems (with family) that are going to delay its progress:cry: On the positive though its given me a chance to fix/maintain a few things on the car, I just did a service on the engine the other day (plugs leads oil, oil filter & a clean of the K&H air filter) i have also replaced the rotor button and dizzy cap as the car had a slight miss & the Original items where badly corroded! One of the injectors is also noisy and possibly dribbling fuel so i am sourcing a complete set of new injectors for the old girl and a new o2 sensor (one of the wires on the current item is snapped at the base:rolleyes:) heres a complete fuel kit that i have been looking @ for the fuel side of things,
complete 700hp fuel system special - calaisturbo.com.au
I would also (@ a future stage) like to get the head ported/polished and heavy duty valve springs fitted, stage 2 crow cam and adjustable Greddy timing gear, but for now its going 2 be just the basics so i can get the car on the road:D