Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Exec

alastair

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Car looks nice man, does he live like near st helena safeway? coz i have seen you pull into a street while i ahve been on my way home? I drive a champagne vs caprice. You seen me?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
how do u keep going through auto's man?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Car looks nice man, does he live like near st helena safeway? coz i have seen you pull into a street while i ahve been on my way home? I drive a champagne vs caprice. You seen me?

i see you sometimes im pretty sure, i live in st helena.

i didn't know they could give ya an on the spot fine for too loud, did ya just cop the fine and thats it, no epa test? i got a letter a while ago in the mail about it being too loud and i judt had to pass the test and send the results to the epa to clear me.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC

lives near the mobil servo and all those shops there. don't think ive seen ya but i will sure look out for ya!

tr3nt said:
how do u keep going through auto's man?

me and auto's don't like each other. i snapped the band in the last one and ive had enough. so manual FTW!

kniever said:
i didn't know they could give ya an on the spot fine for too loud, did ya just cop the fine and thats it, no epa test? i got a letter a while ago in the mail about it being too loud and i judt had to pass the test and send the results to the epa to clear me.

i went through a defect station and the epa was there. whilst i got canaried, the epa dude came up looked under my car and said it had to be tested and they did it on the spot. (i had 2.5" catback with mid muffler and a hotdog and custom twin 3" tips - sounded pretty good)

recorded 101db on the meter and legal was 95db. i wrote a letter stating my reasons and situtation and basically they didn't take it into any consideration and i copped the huge fine and had to get it cleared and send the results to the EPA etc.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Just out of curiosity, what were your reasons mate?

btw I like the way ur car sits :)

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
just some stupid things like neutral slammers etc. its not good for it. the last box i cooked due to heat and putting it through a bit of hell.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
recorded 101db on the meter and legal was 95db. i wrote a letter stating my reasons and situtation and basically they didn't take it into any consideration and i copped the huge fine and had to get it cleared and send the results to the EPA etc.

just some stupid things like neutral slammers etc. its not good for it. the last box i cooked due to heat and putting it through a bit of hell.

lol mate, the neutral slammers/rev dumps will definately not go down well with the old auto.. I was more talking about the ehaust lol

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
oh lol...i had the 2.5" system on it with 2 mufflers and i bought the exhaust 2nd hand(redback) and the rear muffler collapsed. im currently a full time student working 1 or 2 days a week so money is a bit of an issue. so i fixed it the cheapest possible way but i didnt want a straight pipe so i got a hotdog instead. i explained this to them but they probly didnt give a rats and i copped the fine. ah well, what can we do!

George

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, pretty much unfortunately in the eyes of the law, if you can't afford to keep your car compliant and rwc, you can't afford to drive

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5L - 12.6@108 stock bottom end & comp
that sucks george! The fuzz have been out in force the last few weeks, i've been pulled up and hassled in my wagon, hit 2 booze buses and was hassled last night on prinny when me, steve, choonga and vince were standing around having a soft drink at a servo lol.

$537 if a ***n joke, for an exhaust being a bit loud. like the earth is going to stop turning for that ****. How about they focus on getting violent offenders off the streets, like whoever hit up the poor bloke up the road in my street that got stabbed last night (on the news).

Dale