Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP "Sound-Off" beast

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yeah... bigger stereo.

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Chris i didn't know you came down here much man, i am also from here.

Btw , i recommend if you get the chance to sit in this car. He has a bucket on Pass. Side floor for the amount of Jizz the car makes.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
well I've seen nic92's SS in the flesh and that's got heaps of gear in it.

so really nothing else planned besides stereo? you need some better pics of your setup though.

Chris i didn't know you came down here much man, i am also from here.

I've lived my whole life in perth, but I've got heaps of family scattered about wollongong and shellharbour so I'm in the illawarra often. I try to get over there a few times a year, but as of late with work and such I've only been back once this year.

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2000 VT S Pac "Gold Nugget"
LOL Brok it ain't that bad :p

I do have plans for it, the way it's going it will end up being a Calais wagon. Yeah Tas, stereo will be bigger. Wall with 4 15's, running the massive amp and 10 batteries in the back, custom dual 320 amp alt setup, custom door trims (with more speakers), custom a-pillars (for 4" super tweets) and custom roof (12mm MDF and filled with expanding foam between that and the roof itself). Oh and replacing the tailgate with one that isn't broken

Do want to respray in the near future, same colour but with either Turquiose/aqua pearl or white ice pearl. Will also be picking up some genuine VT SS wheels for it hopefully next weekend (for $250)

iChris, if you come to the Illawarra soon, let me know and we could catch up?

Oh and with the next build i'll probably do a build log

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
It is pretty mental bro...

To me it's not that bad, but then again i've sat in some cars with mental setups (including a sandman with 12 Fusion Powerplant 15's (good for 150+ dB on music) and a Subaru Forester with 2 Ground Zero 15's that held class records at the time)

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
Ok so today got to put the Calais height adjustable seat belts in, kinda didn't go according to plan :/
For some reason they won't move up and down when you tighten them all the way, but if you loosen them then can move them without pushing the button in. Ideas anyone?

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
OK got the seat belts sorted. Seemed I was missing metal spacers that went between the adjuster and the belt itself. Put them in and all good :smoking:
These are the spacers that were missing
Photo0476.jpg

Also picked up VP Calais seats for $70 and got sun visors for nothing :D
The Driver's side seat was pretty dirty but passenger's seat was relatively clean
Photo0472.jpg

And what they looked like straight after cleaning, so much better
Photo0474.jpg

Old Exec seat VS Calais seat (Driver's side), Exec one felt fairly hard and was basically stuffed, Calais one is still firm but quite comfy
Photo0475.jpg

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
OK another update :D

Picked up a set of VT SS wheels off a guy from work for $250. Minor gutter rash and needed a clean, but in pretty good condition. May even get white or blue walls on the tires when I get them
Photo0477.jpg

Also got VP Calais Visors to chuck in, scored them for nothing
Photo0478.jpg

I think I'm going to change everything back to the original colour. Sick of the tan/black, just want original now as it's easier to look after. So will slowly be getting the pieces I need (which includes the whole dash, its broken and I wanted to replace it anyway)

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
Another update........
Finally got around to getting some tyres on the VT rims and stuck them on the car

Was actually worried at first as I thought they were going to rub on the rear guards, but they just miss
Definately fill the guards up better :D
newwheels.jpg