Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR V6 Turbo

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Pimpt6 - This thing is nuts!!!! I Love it mate !!!!
Thanks mate, havent been able to spend much time on it lately due to work comittments, but will get cracking on it soon.

immortality can't wait to see this beast finished is that the MACE V6 twin TB manifold, was it easy to reverse or did you have to order it special?
Yes, this is a MACE TTB manifold, had to reverse the base plate 180 degrees and the throttles were close to the master cylinder so took i smidge out of the plenum and everything clears. Intercooler pipes should be fitted in the next week or two.

SIKVR - out of this world setup mate... im looking at turboing my v6 and this is great motivation... how long before it on the road
Hope to have it on the road in around 2-3 weeks, but still running the motor in so wont be going for any big numbers just yet.

HIROLLA - where did you hook up your blow off to mate?

sounds sweet as!
No BOV fitted at the moment, but will be keeping it close as possible to the throttles. Have a 50mm compact one which was on my old setup.

commy josh - hey mate love the car im looking a doing the same set up to my vr just want to ask if you could point me the right way in getting started should i build an n/a motor 1st or goo turbo and are the headers 3 in to 1 or 6 cant realy tell in the pics

In the long run it would work out cheaper to build a turbo spec engine, but I guess it all depends on your budget. If you stayed with the 3.8L capacity you could still use stronger rods and forged pistons and still save alot of money.

Manifolds are 6 into 1, the drivers side crosses over behind the motor and feeds into the passenger side where the turbo is located.

Cheers

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Not much has happend in the last month, has been stinking hot and only get to work on it after hours.

Need to finish off dump pipe, and the cold side of the intake piping, plus a general tidy up in the engine bay. Gota do oil chnage in the next week aswell.

Now things have cooled down, I will get stuck into it.

Cheers

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
A new 3" stainless dump pipe has been fabricated and fitted to the VR, along with a 3" cat convertor. Also fixed up a water leak so things are making progress again.

Half of the intercooler pipes are back on, so only need to fabricate the cold side with bov and get it all welded up. If things go to plan, I will have it on the road next weekend.

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nice not long to wait now bet you cant wait to drive it

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Hey Guys,

The wait is finally over. Finished things off over the weekend, got it registered and have hit the street.

The current tune isnt very good, but its enough to clock up some km's before I get it booked in for a dyno tune.

Here are some photos I took yesterday. What do you guys think??

Cheers

finished01.jpg

finished02.jpg

finished03.jpg

Last edited:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
hate to be the one to ask, but where does the drivers side manifold go? i can't see it in the front so does it go round the back of the engine? does that cause any problems with the plastic firewall if it does?