Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR V6 Turbo

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
delcowizzid nice result mate shame about the PCV but why was it still there LOL.i see at least 400-440rwhp or more with some good boost

Thanks mate. I never had an issue with the PCV on the old engine, it's something I didn't think would be a problem.

immortality ditch the PVC and get a good catch can setup. worth the effort. you only just got this thing warmed up. plenty left to find i bet

I'm blocking off the PCV, and a nice oil catch can is on the shopping list.

MACE Catch can FTW

Otherwise top result indeed

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm pretty happy with the results so far. More boost is on the way plus a 3.45 LSD.

Cheers

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
The catch can has arrived so that will be going on shortly, just need to tap some fittings in the rocker covers. Still working on roller rocker and PCV. Diff change is next on the list.

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Time for an update:

The roller rocker problem has been sorterd. I sourced some longer pushrods and raised up the rocker pedistals, so now everything clears just nicely.

PCV has been blockled off, and catch can and fittings have been installed.

Transmission has now lost 3rd & 4th gear, probably fried the clutches. So this is being removed and getting rebuilt shortly. I was thinking about throwing in a stock trans and driving it for a while but its not really worth it.

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
The VR is back baby!

Got the trans rebuilt with 4L65E heavy duty parts, and its running sweet. Feels so much firmer and responsive. The old 3-4 cluthes were totally burnt out.

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Commodore remote turbo
What did it take to get a mod plate thats the only prob im having, what requirements did you need to meet, eg the exhaust and emissions?

hsvanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim 3.8ltr
so in love with this and have seen a picture! haha all the pictures come up with 'x' so annoying :( would love to turbo the vr, any pic you could send of the motor and manifolts and info on how to do it cheap/ do things myself would be great, ebay turbo/cooler etc/ not looking for huge power ether if i go with it. love this car top work man :) take care good luck

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
hows it compare to a super6?

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
What did it take to get a mod plate thats the only prob im having, what requirements did you need to meet, eg the exhaust and emissions?

Hi Mate,

Sent you a return email.

Cheers