Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS 2 Senator # 921

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Not a lot of progress this stint home....well more to the truth none :(

Family is sick so I'm playing nurse.

I highly recommend anyone looking for brakes talk to the guys at GSL Rallysport. Absolute champions! Go beyond the standard call for customer service.

I ordered a full set of rotors from DBA's website but alas.....they were incorrect. The listing on their site is incorrect for the VS HSV. My Senator is running standard VS V8 brakes. The rears are 10 stud solid. Why 10 stud? No one knows. Not DBA no one but nothing will fit other than! Luckily enough GSL had stock of 1 set of rears to suit! The dust on the box would have made the MIM stores proud for shelf time .

Greg sorted me out over the phone and with a quick visit all done and sorted. So they'll be fitted up next stint home. Better late than not at all

I'm sourcing an alternator for it and that'll be fitted next stint home also. At this rate I might get to drive it before March! Although I'm not in a huge rush.

While it's off the road this stint I planned on cleaning it up. Wheels off, up on ramps, degreaser, brushes, Karcher, rags, polish, paint, sweat and grazed knuckles but unable to due to my nurse duties. Ah well.....in time and again it will be worth the wait.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
When my car changes into 3rd my steering wheel shudders. Not booting the right foot just happens every shift into 3rd. Auto. Any ideas?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
You still chasing that problem? I saw you ask that the other day on the other forum. Seems weird its only on that change and you feel it through the wheel. Got me stumped

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yeah. I saw a write up where from new the vs power steering hoses would vibrate the system due to pressure and a change of hoses (which was done under warranty) would fix that but it doesn't mention only on a gear change so I think I'm still searching.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all.

I'm chasing some advise which I couldn't find a direct answer on.

I replaced the cooling system - rad, hoses, thermostat and housing, water pump and heater tap. The radiator was replaced with an alloy 3 core unit after the 'original' unit split a side tank. My temp gauge even before the change out has never reached the 1/4 mark since buying this car and only comes close to it when idling in traffic. I haven't had the a/c on once either. The car gets driven a couple of trips maybe 200 - 300klms max a fortnight. I haven't quite done 1,000klm since the cooling system was changed.

So my question is, should I now be looking at replacing the clutch fan and temp sender or is this temp reading normal for everyday type driving in these 'old' girls? The majority of my driving is freeway with some around town but that's limited to maybe 2 hours a fortnight. I can hear the clutch engage once the fluid heats up after start up and driving down the road. Just curious as to whether my gauge is reading incorrectly, if I even have an issue or should I be really concerned?

Thanks in advance.

Scruba

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So it's reading below 1/4 on the temp guage now ?

Mine will usually sit around 1/5, even in peak hour traffic unless it is a hot day and it might creep up a bit. If it is really hot and the traffic slow, it might nudge 1/2 but will drop pretty quickly once moving again.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So it's reading below 1/4 on the temp guage now ?

Mine will usually sit around 1/5, even in peak hour traffic unless it is a hot day and it might creep up a bit. If it is really hot and the traffic slow, it might nudge 1/2 but will drop pretty quickly once moving again.

Yep it's constantly between C and 1/4 but hasn't gone over 1/4 once. Will sit there until peak hr traffic then goes to 1/4 but back down once moving again.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Mine sits on a 1/4 normally but under constant load or harder driving it will go up to half. Although mine has twin elec thermo fans so not sure if they are as efficient. Radiator in mine was put in 2010 but wan to put in a new thermostat when I flush it

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Mine sits on a 1/4 normally but under constant load or harder driving it will go up to half. Although mine has twin elec thermo fans so not sure if they are as efficient. Radiator in mine was put in 2010 but wan to put in a new thermostat when I flush it

Is yours running a 'standard' radiator?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Mine runs standard radiator with the 10 deg cooler thermo, no air con and she always sits just under the 1/4 mark. Mind you I'm in the middle of ditching the clutch fan altogether at the moment so it'll be interesting to see how much the temp changes.