Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vs not turning over need help asap cheers

Lukeyy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim waggon
Hey people just registerd on here because i need a hand n .
help others out to

Wats wrong is i went to start my car yesterday and nothing so i charged my battery up again and the car wouldnt turn over so i thought it mite of been i overheated the fuel pump with low fuel in the car so i replaced the fuel pump and the oil pressure pump changed the coil pack n checked the relay n fuse and still not starting

could any1 have any ideas or wat could be the problem cheers

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Firstly, what do you mean by it doesnt turn over? Does the engine rotate at all? Do you hear any unusual noises?

Lukeyy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim waggon
Sory yeah the motor wont start like i turn the key to start it and it wont start and na there is no weird noises at all

Lukeyy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim waggon
Yeah so it cranks but wont start im puzzeld what it could be

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Start by checking for spark and if that's present, that there is fuel pressure and the injectors are operating.

To check for spark, remove one of the ignition wires from each of the three coils at the spark plug end. Push a #2 Philips head screwdiver into the end of the gnition wire and hold the shaft of the screwdriver close - ~4-5mm - from a metal part on the engine (earth) eg. an engine lift hook, while someone cranks the engine for you. You should see a spark jumping between the screwdriver and the earth.

Alternatively and less precisely, remove the intake duct and spray some carb. cleaner (or Aerostart or similar) into the intake plenum past the throttle (open the throttle). Then if there is spark present the car should run for a few seconds until the fuel is consumed.

If there's no spark the most likely fault is the crank angle sensor (but it can be a few other things).

If there's spark, squeeze the fuel hose that leads into the injector rail. You should feel more resistance than a bare hose would require to compress it. If you turn the ignition on or crank the car while holding the hose you should feel the pressure rise a little through the hose.

No fuel pressure, you're looking at a fuel pump not working; fuel pump fuse, fuel pump relay or the pump itself has failed.

If there's fuel pressure and spark then pull one or more of the injector plugs, place a test light across the two terminals and crank the engine. The test light should flash as the engine turns over. If it doesn't then it's possible the PCM isn't receiving a signal from the BCM. That's most likely a key or key reader fault. (Another check of that is if there is no light below the instrument cluster indicating the anti-theft has been disabled.)

That's most of the usual Commodore problems.

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Firstly do a fault code check to give everyone and yourself a bit more info. second will it start with your foot on the throttle as I had a very similar problem not 2 weeks ago and it turned out to be a clogged IAC valve a can of throttle body cleaner and made a couple new gaskets and she runs rather well now. Hope this helps mate

Lukeyy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim waggon
Cheers for that guna do it 2moro when i can see better but will let ya know

Lukeyy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim waggon
Hey ac.cookie i never knew how to check the code but i will get some throttle body cleaner 2moza n give it shot cheers heaps mate