Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

..::My VS S2::..

W

winterknights

with the badges and stuff how did u go about gettin them off.. i have an equipe and pulled the equip sticker off and its left crap on it.. whats best to use? cheers

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
sixshooter said:
I much prefer the look of stock lights on you car...I reckon I'd finish it off by ripping the skinny, crappy commodore strips off the side...and replace them with VS Calais series 2 or Stateman strips and color code the crome strips in the bumpers or remove them.

btw.. when using niteshade is it applied to the outside or inside of the taillight...?

I applied it to the outside, after cleaning it with turps. For anyone that doens't know what niteshade looks like:

niteshade.jpg

And l've been thinking about colour coding the stripes along with the door handles and mirrors but l just don't have the money to spend on it...

ah_yeah said:
how much did your sideskirstd and rear bar cost incl, paint?
I'm not too sure but l had the whole lower lip kit, the garnish, the bonnet buldge and the grille sprayed and fitted for about a grand. So l can't see it costing anymore then $500.

winterknights said:
with the badges and stuff how did u go about gettin them off.. i have an equipe and pulled the equip sticker off and its left crap on it.. whats best to use? cheers
This is a tricky one, l used eucalyptus oil initially which did an alright job, but the best way is to use an air operated buffer or something along those lines. Using this, the black crap buffed right out. Be careful not to buff so hard that the paint comes off though... Otherwise l've been told that tar and goo removal stuff works wonders!!

BTW, next on the list for me is to lower the back abit more. I'm thinking ultralow springs with some monroe shockies to suit (since l have pretty high pedders atm). I will get my car mafless tuned too, as soon as l can find a vr knock sensor. If anyone has one PLEASE pm me...

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
id go for the second rims, lots a dish is good. Also a question, whats custom about the lowering job vr/vs pretty simple to change springs?

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
those first rims look ****ing sick on dark cars
go 18"/19" and it'll look sweet as i recon 18's look coo :driving: :driving:

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
SMALL UPDATE!! (or is it big?)

New rims people!!

Tell me what you think, more photos will come when its not raining and my cars cleaner!

NewRims.jpg

and another...

NewRimsBack.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
mate, that looks bloody awesome, lovin those rims. now just get some big chunky discs to fill them

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
hakhawk said:
Cannon Muffler!!! Yeh Baby!!!

Thanks mate!! Yeah.. the brakes look tiny now!!

Hey, is there anyway u can record ur car.. a cannon could sound alright on a commo..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, will try and record from phone sometime, doesnt sound too bad. i really need a better full system