Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VT SS

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Well got some goodies from MACE on fri and set about installing them,the main one was the 6mm manifold insulator..thought it might of been abit of a job but to be honest ended up quite easy once i moved the right bits n the fuel rails to the side was easy to then pull the air intake pipe and supercharger off in one piece...next im gunna re-do the hub n pulley and hopefully my exhaust will come tomorrow aswell..the chip has arrived and ready to go in once thats done..Happy days!!
will post pic of finnished product(spacer) in next few days....hopefully will have vid of new exhaust aswell!

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Victoria is worse.
dont get P's till 18 no turbos no supercharges or 8's and ur not on your full licence till 22 and thats if you haven't lost you 5 points. And your saying Q/L is bad. lol

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well what a ####in nightmare of a last 2 weeks has been grrr
firstly got my new hub n pulley from Mace(thanks lads) and went to remove old ones and bent the removal tool and snapped the screws holding the pulley to the hub...next got my mechanic m8 with his stuff to remove very stuck hub and snapped a bolt on the plus ####ed tools lol..gets better...went to remove snout to take to his workshop and last bolt threaded :(
finally get to workshop and put in press and starts bending the friggin press trying to remove the hub,finally after popping about 4-5 times comes off yayyy
next...get my exhaust in the mail.....and a $300 job costs me $650 cos of the extras and taking 7 hrs to do hmpfff....
Finally gets done i put chip in and take for run,exhaust sounds great but car runs like complete ****...remove chip and put original one in and not as bad put still runs rough!!
Take it to esp racing in quenbeyan and after using scantool find out fuel pump has **** itself(roughly another $500) lolol
hopefully all will be fixed and dyno'd tomorrow and have it back in the afternoon as im off interstate thursday...so as you can read a fkn crap week for the beast haha

will post some stuff up after i get back from easter holidays :)

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
updates????

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
updates????

Hey bro,yeh for sure..finally got the beast running at 100%.Found out that the knock sensor wire was just hanging on causing me to drop 30-50kw's grrr,put it on the dyno and all sorted its running at 175kw at the rear which im pleased about.Pulled the supercharger off and put the manifold spacer on which helps(thanks to Mace)Decided to replace my tint aswell to 20% from 35,had a crack in the rear window so got it done through insurance hehe next is just the rest prob within the month as i got abit on.Ive just uploaded a vid of the new exhaust on you-tube :)

Big shout out to the lads at ESP racing in queanbeyan for sorting out the problem during the easter rush,cheers..def recommend them hey!!

heres the link:
cars cold so dont mind the smoke lolol

new exhaust note - YouTube

Hows things been your way,the beast still coming along nicely?

commowhore666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT olympic edition
love the boot garnish and the dash looks so nice!
i didnt know about the super 6's either

Aussievtv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss HOLDEN 304
Great lookin car mate, it's givin me a few ideas for mine.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
love the boot garnish and the dash looks so nice!
i didnt know about the super 6's either

cheers commo,yeh got to be different nowadays,people say should go the VX kit but im like nah i like originality as much as possible..its a VT anyway not a VX hahaha...yeh not many do its a common thing i come across about the super6!!

Great lookin car mate, it's givin me a few ideas for mine.

thnx aussie,its def been a slow process over the years,being a single parent ive just chipped away at mods here n there and she's coming along nicely,you got a thread up of your ride?

97VTSS

Nice ride. very clean engine bay. Well done. Luv the dash conversion. Did mine in all blue with a white speedo face.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hahaha yeh gave it a good clean awhile back,just need to get on top of the rest now!!

cheers for the comments,its great seeing ideas of what others have done to their cars and some of the uniqueness they are persuing instead of the same old stuff :)

Next i want to replace my front kit as its just not sitting right since the clips on the side have busted,shits me to tears haha