Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VT SS

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Looks good , are you gonna paint the rest of the facia???

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Yeah I think if you paint the rest of the facia it'll look good.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Yeah I think if you paint the rest of the facia it'll look good.
Looks good , are you gonna paint the rest of the facia???

cheers for the comments lads,yeh its on the cards just ran out of paint plus car is in today getting toe kit installed..have rest of facia done by sat and will post new pics,cheers.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
beauty mate, will be good to see it!

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
rest of facia first + second coated ready for third coat tomorrow and clear

13007.jpg

girlracerhsv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Commodore
ohhhhh nice :) remember to put photos up of it all put together! Are you going to be painting the dash? I want to do mine red/black inside and hopefully end up with something like this :

pianodashmonaro.jpg

It will take a long time but worth waiting for. I am NOT looking forward to taking the plastics and dash out, and I am impatient so always end up rushing things and stuffing it up (and im one of those dumb people who thinks its a good idea at the time to skip the sanding/priming parts :S ) . once I get the red gauge and replace that stupid little door that always breaks on vt's I WILL take my time and prep properly, hopefully I get it looking as good as yours :) .........do you have to sand the whole dash? (see im already trying to get out of it lol)

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ohhhhh nice :) remember to put photos up of it all put together! Are you going to be painting the dash? I want to do mine red/black inside and hopefully end up with something like this :

pianodashmonaro.jpg

It will take a long time but worth waiting for. I am NOT looking forward to taking the plastics and dash out, and I am impatient so always end up rushing things and stuffing it up (and im one of those dumb people who thinks its a good idea at the time to skip the sanding/priming parts :S ) . once I get the red gauge and replace that stupid little door that always breaks on vt's I WILL take my time and prep properly, hopefully I get it looking as good as yours :) .........do you have to sand the whole dash? (see im already trying to get out of it lol)

yeh not sure yet what color jess but its on the cards..i have to do few more coats of clear tomoz morn then put it back together and take some pics :)
That will look hot as hey it is a nice goal to work towards cant wait to see it once ya done....lolol yeah it gets like that when you do paint projects im the same i want it done straight away..weather plays a big part in it get the temp right about 20-22 degrees its perfect for it..and yes sanding and priming are the key but its not hard at all just don't have it in direct sunlight more in the shade i found for better results.i cleaned soapy water first then light sand with 1200 paper,wiped down then 3 coats of primer...3 coats of paints and about 5-6 coats of clear hahaha..if your doing the vinyl its different as VHT make a great product for it and doesn't need primer or sanding and is a finnish :)

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
okay interior is all done and turned out great better than what i thought lolol

13006.jpg

13007.jpg

13008.jpg

Last edited:

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Much better now that its completed man, looks good !
Only I find hard to adjust to is the knobs being a different colour, but I think that's because I've not seen it done before. It's not bad or anything, just not used to it :)

girlracerhsv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Commodore
okay interior is all done and turned out great better than what i thought lolol

13006.jpg

13007.jpg

13008.jpg

Ok this is totally random but I got out photoshop and did this because as soon as I seen your pics I loved them but this popped into my head, not sure if you will like it but just an idea, I think it would finish it off perfect (and look better in real life than my modest photoshopping skills lol).

13008.jpg