Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Calais Turbo

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
I made 387 rwkw @ 12psi with the same turbo:thumbsup: so there is more in it for those that want to push it a bit further

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
I made 387 rwkw @ 12psi with the same turbo:thumbsup: so there is more in it for those that want to push it a bit further

Aah yes, I think I found some info on your car on the LS1 forum while I was doing research on what turbo to use for my kit. I wanted to push 12 through it, but didnt have a boost controller so I was limited to 9psi sadly. What exact spec T-70 did you use? Mine is a Q-Trim, unlisted specs on Master Powers site, but 69mm comp wheel and T4 exhaust

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
Mine was Q trim as well with a 1.0 devidded exhaust housing.

Have since upgraded to a Turbonetics TC78, but the Master power was certainly good bang for buck and never gave any problems.

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Sounds like the exact same unit I used. Ive been running it for a while now, zero issues, zero oil leakage past either seal, Im happy as with the bang for buck this turbo offers :)

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Here is a short video of some boost :)

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
goes hard just spins the bags when you put the foot into it . . .watch the instant fuel gauge it goes straght up to 99.9

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Cheers fellas lol. That is just giving it a bit of mild throttle until she has some boost, then giving it some wide open throttle for a moment

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
not bad for the money you spent . . . makes me nearly spew seeing as i just spent about 13 grand building a N/A ls1 and you pissed all over my 426rwhp

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Might want to blank the plates off the Dyno sheet since you went to the trouble of blanking them in the pics :)