Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Clubby rebuild

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
agree with,looks good both ways,got any blacker lol,how you been pete,long time no post,hows the chase for waspies going

Every time I see those photo's that is exactly what goes on in my head!

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
agree with,looks good both ways,got any blacker lol,how you been pete,long time no post,hows the chase for waspies going

"waspies" ? Sorry don't follow (been a long day).

Cheers. It's been busy. How about yourself?

No post coz it's pretty much finished now. Well, I was thinking of LS3 heads (the cam profile was made to suit them) and maybe a stroker kit. But I got to save my pennies first. ;)
Check out what a good mates throwing on his stroked LS2. I was thinking....hmmmm. That's could be a go! haha

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
lol,waspies is for kilowatts lol,commercial over here from Toyota kluger I think where theres a guy being chased by killer wasps but they are saying the vehicle has 200kw's,have to see it,

yeah I'm good,been busy too,waterpump and radiator crapped itself so been going poor as well lol,other than that all good lol

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
Killowats = killowasps = waspies.

duh.

Still only just over 400 horses at the wheels. :(
To stay n/a and reach that 500 mark? Seems like a big jump, but I'll get there one day. ;)

I'm a slave to n/a. I just love non turbo/supercharge engines. It's a sickness. haha

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol,you'll get there mate in time,and then everyone will copy you lol

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
lol,you'll get there mate in time,and then everyone will copy you lol

I'm copying other good ideas I see or learn. So I'm good with that mate. ;)
It'll be like, by the time I get 500hp at the tread everyone else will be, "pfffft, is that all? 750hp at the tread is the norm now".

:)

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah but most will be supercharging which is ok but like you I am a n/a man,less hassle I think

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
yeah but most will be supercharging which is ok but like you I am a n/a man,less hassle I think

It's a sickness I tell ya. Mates that know I'm after the waspies say, "turb it Pete", or "supercharge it Pete!" I'm like, nah. Then they look at me strangely. haha
It's simple. I prefer the sound of a sick cam to anything else.

I'll never forget the first time I took my young son (at the time) for a ride in the VX with the first lumpy cam I had it in. We were at the lights waiting. He goes, "Dad, is the car meant to be shaking around like this?" I smiled and said, "yes son, that completely normal for this engine boy". ;)

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
same here,i remember the first lumpy cam I did and she made such a difference to everything lol.I know what you mean with the supercharge it or turbo it,i hear it all the time,i only drive on the road and not the track so why bother with all that lol

if I was going to track it then it will be on lol