Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] My VY S Series II 2003 stock supercharged.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac Series II Supercharged L67
Hi guys, new to this thread, hopefully posting in the right area.

not too long ago i purchased a holden vy series II s pac 2003 with factory supercharger. it had 155,000kms on the clock.

i wasn't expecting to buy a supercharged vehicle but with leather seats, foggys, nice clean s pac kit all in great looking condition i couldn't resist.

the car seems to be running fine. it sounded like a taxi whilst first driving (squeeky suspension), had the bushes changed under a warranty given by the fleet company where it was purchased from. running smooth now.

other than the above mentioned, the car seems to be running smooth as *touch wood*.

im writing to this forum to have a few questions answered. i have read many threads on this site and it seems like there is a very strong knowledge base behind it.

what are some simple performance mods i can do to change the power of the car?
a simple k&n in box replacement filter? a K&n apollo? smaller pulleys or what not?

im really new to this whole process of improving performance.
if i change pulleys etc do i need better intercoolers etc?

i just wanted a few not toooo expensive upgrades that will increase response of my car.

it seems to be ok on fuel, but i think it could be better. it is currently on 16L/100kms around city driving and 11.8/100kms on freeway. could this be an o2 sensor problem?

any help with a 2003 series II s pac SC would be amazing.

Cheers guys

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
hey mate and welcome.
Well to start you could get a 10psi pulley kit and put that straight on (no intercooler or tuning required, cat back exh and a new cai with k&n pod.
That shouldnt cost to much and should get it moving pretty well.
If you wanna go further the list will never end lol. Like, roller rockers, intercooler, smaller pulley, cam, tb, diff gears, gear box mods, mafless tune........................
It a very addictive hobby and these cars are great fun. Hope this helps a little and enjoy.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha thanks for that!
so would this be putting too much pressure on the motor, if i changed the pulley to a 10psi?

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
For starters, you will need to use 98 octane PULP with the 10psi pulley and you might need to re-gap the spark plugs (not quite sure with this one). A very cheap exhaust upgrade would be to look on eBay for a catback exhaust from a VY HSV sedan. As for the intake, a K&n panel filter with a secondary intake pipe (a Yella Terra style pipe) is good enough.. Regarding the economy, With such high KM's it would be a good idea to replace the O2 sensors and the fuel filter. If that doesn't work, try a bottle of Nulon's total fuel system cleaner when you fill up next. Hope this helps mate,

-Nick.

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
You dont need to run 98 octane but it is better to.
I ran 95 octane on mine for ages before i had a tune done and it didnt hurt a thing. I do run 98 all the time now since the tune tho.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was thinking of changing the current headlights to the VY SS style, the ones with darker shades instead of the chrome.
Would a straight swap work or would a mod be necessary?

I found these on ebay, look pretty sweet.

LINK 1
Holden VY Commodore SS SV8 Headlights Head Lights NEW - eBay Headlights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Jul-10 21:54:58 AEST)

LINK 2
VY SS HSV SV6 SV8 HEAD LIGHTS - LEFT & RIGHT - PAIR - eBay Headlights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Jul-10 11:21:23 AEST)

says no modding but I wanted to make sure with you guys.. link 1 or 2 look better??

I also have a cracked foggy, would something like this be fine to purchase =
Holden VU VX VY SS Fog Light FogLamp single - eBay Other, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Jul-10 13:55:38 AEST)

How long would these headlights and fog light take to install?
I was thinking of taking it to a local auto-electrician.

Thanks