Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vy S

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
So this is my first car. got it about 5 months ago. been going rlly well. So far i have:
- 2.5" twin tip cat back exhaust
- 17" vy ss rims
- New Stereo (cbfed listing stereo so i took a photo minus the kenwood headunit that didn't work)

I also want you guys to tell me what i should do to it?? i have no clue what i wanna do to make it look nice.

mods im gonna do:
- heavy duty clutch
- lowered on king springs
- pacemaker extractors
- cold air intake
- performance chip
- tune
2nm12z5.jpg

28b5us9.jpg

2hhqekl.jpg

n1wcgk.jpg

2lbnq.jpg

Last edited:

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
looks good mate... should loose the spoiler, swap headlights for ss or series 1 ones, and a nice set of rims wouldn't go astray.
Don't get chev grill either, even if it was v8. just my opinion tho.
Nice car tho.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
agreed, lose the SS mags n get some nicer rims, will make more of a difference any other mod you could think of to the appearance of ur car. theres a way to get ur headlights looking like SS headlights aswell, few guys on here have done it, im contemplating it also, somthing along the lines of removing them, heating them until the come apart and paint them matte black and they look identical to SS headlights, n maybe some custom plates too? if uve got somthing good to put on it though...dont bother if ur just scraping for ideas cos ule regret it, i see some peoples personalised plates and you just think...you spent 500 bucks on that...bet your glad you did that lol

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
agreed, lose the SS mags n get some nicer rims, will make more of a difference any other mod you could think of to the appearance of ur car. theres a way to get ur headlights looking like SS headlights aswell, few guys on here have done it, im contemplating it also, somthing along the lines of removing them, heating them until the come apart and paint them matte black and they look identical to SS headlights, n maybe some custom plates too? if uve got somthing good to put on it though...dont bother if ur just scraping for ideas cos ule regret it, i see some peoples personalised plates and you just think...you spent 500 bucks on that...bet your glad you did that lol

yeah saving up for engine mods listed above and some new wheels on it. i like the vy ss wheels alot but i dont think they suit the vy lol. i like the look of vy ss wheels on every car but mine lol. and nah im thinking i might not put ss headlights or a chev grille coz i would be making my car look like an ss when it rlly isnt. or should i?? i have no clue lol

how much are they from holden? or is ebay a cheaper alternative??

ummmm rlly cant think of much else i can do apart from engine mods, wheels and springs? that about it i can do to it?

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
leave the car as it is for insurance reasons

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
if you don't wana go all try hard ss, then with the headlights swap them to series 1 ones. Just to loose that orange part in them.
Tho i don't think changing the headlights to ss ones is try hard ss, putting ss badges all over it is a different story tho.
In then end just do what you think looks good and don't worry about what everyone else thinks, its your money after all.

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
ss headlights & tailights look way better bud, do it dw about getting bagged for being a mock up ss its not really as that guy said once u put ss badges on it then your trying to be an ss.

and i thought s packs didnt come with the door strips? =S

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
nice nice car mate...my first car is a vy s too only got one year left on my p's though...
in regards to the mods i wouldnt try and do too much as i have noticed myself i get alot of cop attention just from having a catback. Iv got ss headlights on mine and IMO they were money well spent (genuine pair off ebay for $200 used) and dont worry about getting ripped for a "wanna be" ss as long as your happy with it cos your the one who sees it everyday. Theres not much more you could do to the engine other then ure listed mods without going over the top, also you could debadge the rear iv done that and got pics if your interested other then that enjoy it mate

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
if you don't wana go all try hard ss, then with the headlights swap them to series 1 ones. Just to loose that orange part in them.
Tho i don't think changing the headlights to ss ones is try hard ss, putting ss badges all over it is a different story tho.
In then end just do what you think looks good and don't worry about what everyone else thinks, its your money after all.

holy **** those headlights without the orange crap are series 1?! been looking for those for ages!! lol i thought ppl with s pacs just took the orange lens of the headlights haha. im definately getting those!

ss headlights & tailights look way better bud, do it dw about getting bagged for being a mock up ss its not really as that guy said once u put ss badges on it then your trying to be an ss.

and i thought s packs didnt come with the door strips? =S

mine came with a ss bodykit. not sure how much different it is to the s pac one but thats what it said in the description when i bought it.

nice nice car mate...my first car is a vy s too only got one year left on my p's though...
in regards to the mods i wouldnt try and do too much as i have noticed myself i get alot of cop attention just from having a catback. Iv got ss headlights on mine and IMO they were money well spent (genuine pair off ebay for $200 used) and dont worry about getting ripped for a "wanna be" ss as long as your happy with it cos your the one who sees it everyday. Theres not much more you could do to the engine other then ure listed mods without going over the top, also you could debadge the rear iv done that and got pics if your interested other then that enjoy it mate

yeah im definately either gonna get ss headlights or the series 1's as mentioned above. yeah can you please show pics, i've seen pics of them debadged but also de-spoilered and theres no way my spoiler is coming off. imo commodores were made to have spoilers. yeah my friends keep telling me to debadge it at the back but i feel if i debadge it at the back it'll look like an executive with bodykit and rims. (apart from the fact its manual lol)

also forgot to mention i bought it at 80,000 k's which i thought was very low for a commodore. already upto to 90,000 lol

thanks for the comments guys!

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
debadge it. my opion anyway. all cars look sweet debaged. just remember that the top holden badge has little 'locater' holes behind it.
as for the spoiler if you wana keep it then atlest get rid on the dicky S pac one and get an ss one, it hangs over the edge of the boot a bit instead of just finishing on top of it, if you look at them next to each other you'll get what i mean.

Mines nearly at 92,xxx. got it with 74,xxx on her.