Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vy S

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
debadge it. my opion anyway. all cars look sweet debaged. just remember that the top holden badge has little 'locater' holes behind it.
as for the spoiler if you wana keep it then atlest get rid on the dicky S pac one and get an ss one, it hangs over the edge of the boot a bit instead of just finishing on top of it, if you look at them next to each other you'll get what i mean.

Mines nearly at 92,xxx. got it with 74,xxx on her.

hmmm fair enough. never knew there was a difference between them but i'll check that out. gotta change the clutch before i do any mods first.

also i was thinking should i get gauges on the dash?? would that be a bit ss try hard? was thinking oil pressure and water temp

Last edited:

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
S pac and SS bodykits are the same on VY's so they all come with side strips, dont debadge i agree for the exact same reasons you said are the reasons why i didnt debadge mine who wants to look like a cheaper version thats trying to be an S pac...when you can actually be an s pac lol, im also looking into getting an SS spoiler and SS headlights cos i agree they look alot meaner, I wouldnt worry about getting hastled for them as long as the SS badges arent on it...and no chev grille lol, you"ll be fine. if i get around to getting myself SS headlights ill sell you my series 1 headlights if you like

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
when it comes to try hard ss, you can do anything you like - install any ss parts - as long as you don't go putting ss or chev badges on.
the rest is all sweet as...

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
S pac and SS bodykits are the same on VY's so they all come with side strips, dont debadge i agree for the exact same reasons you said are the reasons why i didnt debadge mine who wants to look like a cheaper version thats trying to be an S pac...when you can actually be an s pac lol, im also looking into getting an SS spoiler and SS headlights cos i agree they look alot meaner, I wouldnt worry about getting hastled for them as long as the SS badges arent on it...and no chev grille lol, you"ll be fine. if i get around to getting myself SS headlights ill sell you my series 1 headlights if you like

yeah man. pls tell me if your selling em coz ill most likely buy em off you

when it comes to try hard ss, you can do anything you like - install any ss parts - as long as you don't go putting ss or chev badges on.
the rest is all sweet as...

fair enough i will keep that in mind :)

also my clutch has 1500 k's of 'normal' driving (according to my mechanic). which heavy duty should i get? i can get exedy heavy duty clutch for a k. or i can get some other one, forgot which one it is that my mechanic can get for 2300. personally i think his just pulling my leg. will an exedy heavy duty clutch do the job?

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Ah gotta love the P plater special - 2.5 catback with twintips.

Mate save urself money on the CAi just buy a performance panel filter, ive got a lukey ultra flow in my standard airbox and it roars.
ur s pac is teh ownage

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
Ah gotta love the P plater special - 2.5 catback with twintips.

Mate save urself money on the CAi just buy a performance panel filter, ive got a lukey ultra flow in my standard airbox and it roars.
ur s pac is teh ownage

lol does that mean all p platers have 2.5" catbacks? haha nah i saw heaps of ss's with it and thought it suited the car alot.

o rlly? how much are they? need to get my clutch first though. nearly got half the money for it! mine is ****ed. probs gonna be black when i pull it out lol
thanks for the comments guys :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
just realised with the "side strips" you mean the ones on the door not underneath running along, they look very acclaim'ish to me? maybe somebody put an S/SS kit on an acclaim and badged it accordingly? cos yeah S packs as far as I know dont have the painted silver trolly strips on the doors

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
just realised with the "side strips" you mean the ones on the door not underneath running along, they look very acclaim'ish to me? maybe somebody put an S/SS kit on an acclaim and badged it accordingly? cos yeah S packs as far as I know dont have the painted silver trolly strips on the doors

didnt know acclaims came in manual

note: car has been written off in the past. so i dunno maybe they put the wrong side strips on it??

im gonna take a guess they put em on bi accident or something coz i just had a look at s packs on carsales neither the series 1 or series 2 have em. dont rlly care if mines an acclaim. i just dont see why someone would go to the trouble of putting bodykit, rims and a new tranny in it. that would cost quite a bit and would've been for sale for alot more then i paid for it

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
mm, while i was looking for my car I found pretty much 75% of the cars I looked at on carsales were write-off's and most of them have been slapped together with SS kits on them to appeal to people such as me and you, hoping we"ll just say ...oh yeah it looks sweet doesnt matter if its been written off...is a bit confusing though cos as you said acclaims were only auto's...might have even been an exec originally cos ive checked and those did come in manuals...it doesnt really matter anyway it still looks good the way it is, 90% of people wont even notice and the 10% that do probly wont care lol, I wouldnt stress too much about it...still a sweet first car and thats all there is too it