Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Executive

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
what stereo should i get for my car? i was thinking of getting one of them 7" double-din touchscreen DVD/TV/MP3 players of ebay for $300?

I have heard from someone on this forum that they are ok but you get what you pay for. His advice was to save up for an alpine double-din, but having said that he did just buy one himself so maybe he was a tad bias towards it. He said that they don't sit perfectly flush and the video quality isn't nearly as good as the alpine one. For $300, what do you expect though.

I'm also looking into getting one so if you grab one let me know how it goes.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
very nice car to start with. any updates as of yet?

just a couple things to come, nothing done as of yet....

* SS Front Bumper - I need to buy the foglights, which needs to wait because I have rego coming soon and need a new set of tyres. I already have the bumper and paint, so just the foglights, and the grille, switch etc.

* Alpine Stereo - Working on getting the Alpine iDA-X100 stereo into my car. I have already bought the iPod for it, just need the stereo, and then the alpine pocket to house the iPod. Than as time goes on, will be upgrading the speakers.

* Rims - I figured if im getting a SS bumper, i cant be rolling on stockies. So I will just find 17' or 18'. doesnt have to be anything flashy.

* Black Strips - Will be removing my old ones (has cracks, splits in them) and replacing them with new painted ones to the colour of my car.

* Dash - I will be looking at painting my dash also. Not exactly sure what, but something unique.

*Mudflaps - I figured I best get some to help protect my paint. How much would these set me back? Moulded ones would be better.

* Satin Chrome - I am going to get satin chrome inserts for my steering wheel spokes

Now the mods i have done is...

* Satin Chrome Inserts - I have install satin chrome inserts to the auto shifter and handbrake.

And thats it haha

Last edited:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Sounds good. The stereo should be very nice. Would like to know how it goes and how much it costs. I'm thinking of upgrading my set-up too.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
what set of rims should i get? I am not after big flashy 19", just 17 or 18s will do. would like aftermarket.

BLO-4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah the way to start, i started with a stocky exec, i know have a clubby kit on it,fibreglasss crap (soon to be genuine front&rear bar), getting hsv premium brakes this week, 20' zenetti kaotik,lowered on king springs XL fronts &XXL rears.i did have VE ssv 19' machined out to fit any commodore, and i've only had it for 5months. can't wait to see wat u do to yours, if u want when i get the geniune bars ill sell u mine u my old ones, front bar has a few stone chips on it, but thats about it.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
yeah the way to start, i started with a stocky exec, i know have a clubby kit on it,fibreglasss crap (soon to be genuine front&rear bar), getting hsv premium brakes this week, 20' zenetti kaotik,lowered on king springs XL fronts &XXL rears.i did have VE ssv 19' machined out to fit any commodore, and i've only had it for 5months. can't wait to see wat u do to yours, if u want when i get the geniune bars ill sell u mine u my old ones, front bar has a few stone chips on it, but thats about it.

all sounds good mate...

nah i dont need bars, i got the front bar sitting in a mates shed and all thats needed is it painted, and then getting foglights for it, but thanks anyway mate

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
what set of rims should i get? I am not after big flashy 19", just 17 or 18s will do. would like aftermarket.

Nice car mate.

You'll change your mind :)
I put 17s on mine, regretted it. sold them a week later put my stockies back on and now im saving up for 19" GTS rims
Save your money for a nice set of 19's. keep your eyes out on ebay for some.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Nice car mate. Enjoyed reading your post. I'm glad you are happy with it. The VZ is a sexy car.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Nice car mate.

You'll change your mind :)
I put 17s on mine, regretted it. sold them a week later put my stockies back on and now im saving up for 19" GTS rims
Save your money for a nice set of 19's. keep your eyes out on ebay for some.

yeah the thing about 19" rims is the price of tyres for them, compared to 17s. so its so more ongoing tyre costs than the actual cost of the rims