Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ locked me out!

svsex

big blue
Reaction score
Members Ride
190 sv6
Hi all,

Had some fun with my VZ last night and this morning. Funny story actually.

Was at a friends house last night - it's raining up in QLD, and when we went to leave his house (only an hour or so later) my windscreen wipers and lights were back on! Even though they were clearly off when I went in to his house (open door, lock car) >.>

That wasn't a biggy though as the car started. Don't know how long they'd been on for though.

This mornings incident was much more amusing (and rage inducing, may I add). I live on acreage, and had to get out of the car in the pouring rain to open the gate.

As we all know, Commodore doors are heavy and are prone to closing themselves automatically when you get out of your car.

Fair enough, that's not usually a problem - except this morning this happened, and then I heard that distinctive "click" as the bastard locked the doors when the door closed! All of them!!!

So here's me standing in the pissing down rain on my way to work, wanting to kick my car very very hard. I ran back inside (luckily someone was home to let me back in to get my spare key), unlocked it through the key hole and away I went.

Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed, but it made a funny story when I got in to work this morning.

Anyway, on to the serious side of this - what the bloody heck could have caused these "ghosts"..? Perhaps a sign of an impending death of a BCM..?

Cheers

the wipers and lights could have been caused by a dogey earth somewhere, talked to aauto sparky and he said that a faulty earth can make the computters relays and so on play up. hopethis helps

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Interesting! I'll investigate. Was there visible damage (melted, etc)? I'll see if I can see anything weird.... Don't want to take the sucker to Holden because I know I'll get ripped the second I walk in the door.
Just get a good auto ellecy... Your Holden dealer will do exactly the same thing, but add their margin on top....

There was very slight visible damage. Basically because all the accessories work of the same relay separate to the key (which is why you can turn the radio on without the key in) it only took the slightly earth leak to stop all the accessories turning off... A decent auto ellecy should find the fault in under an hour...

boofis

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
Just get a good auto ellecy... Your Holden dealer will do exactly the same thing, but add their margin on top....

There was very slight visible damage. Basically because all the accessories work of the same relay separate to the key (which is why you can turn the radio on without the key in) it only took the slightly earth leak to stop all the accessories turning off... A decent auto ellecy should find the fault in under an hour...

Thanks mate! Appreciated. It hasn't done anything "weird" since this incident, but I might pop into an autoelectrician and get them to have a sticky.

Thanks everyone else for your contributions too :)