Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SV6 (HBD)

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
For a 6 the exhaust doesn't sound too bad, not the usual loud fart you usually associate with V6's.
Probably because you were sensible and went for twin 2 1/4 and not twin 2 1/2.
Providing you can tune your auto then go for the 3.46's as the 3.08 (from 2.97) will make stuff all difference, you would only notice that small change at the drag strip not on the street.
Your auto has a decent overdrive so 3.46 should be fine still for economy when needed.

Thanks mate!!

Did end up purchasing a 2nd hand 3:46:1 diff. About the issues people on the forums are having, relating to the shift points and speed recalibration once new diff is bolted up on the SV6's. Would the tune that i will be doing at Castle Hill Performance resolve all these problems??

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hey mate with the led lights do u have a on and off which or have u wired them into the low beam??
i was going to install them in my commodore on the weekend though thinking of making another switch for it?

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
his LED's are hooked up to his parkers/low beams so they run off them and, unless i've read incorrectly, he's just using them instead of the parkers (i.e parkers no longer usable).

Hey Owned, just wondering if you can run the LED's with the parkers on at the same time? or do you have to substitute the parkers for them?
Nice car man, im definately looking at getting your exact exhaust set up on my sv6 once it's back from the dead. think i might poach a couple of your ideas mate ;)

lookin good bro

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
his LED's are hooked up to his parkers/low beams so they run off them and, unless i've read incorrectly, he's just using them instead of the parkers (i.e parkers no longer usable).

Hey Owned, just wondering if you can run the LED's with the parkers on at the same time? or do you have to substitute the parkers for them?
Nice car man, im definately looking at getting your exact exhaust set up on my sv6 once it's back from the dead. think i might poach a couple of your ideas mate ;)

lookin good bro

Hey mate,
Thank you! yes you can run the LED's with the parkers at the same time, I just chose not to.. I can tell you now you wont be dissapointed in this cat-back exhaust system, ive only heard good things about it. Looking forward into seeing your sv6's with the same set up as mine :thumbsup:.

cjw.891

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey mate, nice car love it!
where you get the x-force exhaust from?

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys, its been a while!

Just got back from the states last week, got my exhaust completed a few days before departure, so therefor i didn't have enough time to get a video together to show you guys :(.
Anyways, the main thing is that im finally back now so i will get some more pictures of some of the cars completed updates such and post them up hopefully sometime this week/weekend.

Exhaust #2 (NEW) Full X-Force Completed Exhaust System!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFInE2pFyH8

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey mate, nice car love it!
where you get the x-force exhaust from?

hey mate!

Sorry about the delayed reply, i purchased the cat back exhaust from ebay. But Ive got to admit though there isn't many available X-Force 2.25" exhaust systems available for the Vz Alloytec unfortunetly..

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
Seen this cruising the shire... Nice car

Im in Burraneer.. Where abouts are you?

Do you know sean thompson? He did the same LED mod to his territory.. Then alot copied..

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Seen this cruising the shire... Nice car

Im in Burraneer.. Where abouts are you?

Do you know sean thompson? He did the same LED mod to his territory.. Then alot copied..

haha im in miranda, um i might know him if i see him.
lol, not to worry dude everyone copy's.. i was sick of looking at ricers with them on so i now have taken them off :(