Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My White VY "S" Ute..

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
EDIT**...

Well here it is...it has cleaned up alright. Plenty of things i would love to do to it...but for now this is it...

IMG_1232.jpg

Hey Guys,
I know this has probably been covered a thousand times, but i didnt really know how to search exactly what i am asking.

As the thread name says, i am about to inherit a 2003 VY Ute. I am pretty sure it is just an standard V6 ute. It has a few things done to it like aftermarket wheels and it has been lowered a bit. There is a bit of a stereo in there as well. I wont really know the full extent of what is done until i receive it in a couple of weeks time.

Anyway...what i was actually wanting to know was if it was possible to swap the standard front bar for an SS style one without any modification? Or maybe even a calais bar? The calais lights etc look slightly different so i am assuming that they may need to me changed...

Anyway...if anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited:

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
For an SS bar, just pop the old one off and put the new one on, very easy. Same as for Calais, but you also have to change the lights, as you know already. 10 minute jobs either way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Thanks heaps man!! There is a calais one on ebay at the moment and its the right colour too. They want $440 for it which seems a bit expensive, but considering i wouldnt have to get it painted it might not be too bad. Now to find some headlights ;)

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Well the day has come. I will get it all cleaned up tomorrow and get some photos up ASAP.

It looks pretty tidy and comes lowered with 17" wheels that are in need of a good polish. Got a bit of an exhaust and that is about where the exterior mods finish. The interior seems stock with the exception of a stereo which includes a sub and amp under the passenger seat.

As i have mentioned above i am still chasing an "SS" or "S" front bar which should make the car look a bit sharper. There is one on eBay at the moment...but being in VIC it could be a pain to get it up here.

Anyway...i will endeavour to get some pics up soon and work out what else i want to achieve with it!!

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Well here it is...needs a bit more of a tidy up. Definitely needs a polish. But i reckon it didnt come up too badly!

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Ss or s bar are the same. Just need to get the fog lights for it and wire them up.. Prob a but cheaper than a calais front bar and lights..

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Ss or s bar are the same. Just need to get the fog lights for it and wire them up....

Yeah man I realise that...finding one seems to be the issue.

Does anyone know if the ones you buy "New and primed for paint" on ebay are any good? I see you can pick one up for about $120 which isnt too bad.