Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My worst decision ever!

oldsalt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore Omega + LPG
A few months back I bought a Commodore Omega on factory LPG.

It was built in late December 2010 and first registered in Jan 2011.

I paid $24,000.

I put new tyres and mag rims on it and a few other minor mods.

I had re-badged it to a Buick, however, it's now back to being an Omega.

Both my wife and I are having problems getting in and out of the car, yes we are fools for not realizing we might have that problem.

I have been going around the dealers trying to get a decent trade price for the Omega, we are going to buy a new SUV.

Every dealer inclusive of Holden Dealers are all offering the same trade price of $14,000.

Redbook say the value for a trade is $15000 to $17900, the dealers all say Redbook is crap and they take no notice of it.

This is my first and last Holden, I have never owned a vehicle where the value has decreased so quickly and by so much.

No wonder GMH are putting off workers, why buy a Holden when the resale value is pathetic.

Caught once, never again! :undead:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Used car prices are so fugged due to the good finance offers offered by the manufactures to get people's into buying new cars.

I also don't know what the point of this thread is. I'd you want us to sympathize, I do. If its just a rant then you've achieved it.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Chances are you are taking it to Non Holden dealers to get a trade in ??? Correct ???

Like everyone else here is saying, sell it privately.
It sounds like to me that the dealer can smell your urgency to sell the car, and are looking out to make some serious money from you.
(Keep in mind for used cars also, it is a buyers market right now, Not many people have money, and manufacturers are offering very attractive deals to try and keep stock moving out the door)....

Going to a dealer for a trade in right now is definitely not what I would be doing !
Complaining about it is not going to help the situation either.

oldsalt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore Omega + LPG
To Aussie Willy, I created the topic to warn others that the arse has fallen out of Holden prices.

If you thought your vehicle was worth $xxxx, it's more than likely worth much much less.

And it was posted for the benefit of others thinking of buying a Commodore, happy now?

I am prepared to cop the loss, I have no choice.

I am not in any hurry and I have been to two Holden Dealers and got the same trade in quote, although one was also a Hyundai dealer.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A car is not an investment. The sooner people realise that, the sooner we will stop getting threads like this one.

Do you go on a phone forum and complain your $800 iPhone is worth $300 6 months after you bought it?