Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 VF SV6

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all, I currently own a 2015 built SV6 that’s classed as a MY16.

what exactly does that mean? Do I have any updated series two features? Or is my car worth more than a my15 model? Any answers would be appreciated

cheers!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Well yours is a Series II as it's MY16 ... you probably do have a couple of things not fitted to an MY15 (which was VF1), but they were gunning for headlines for that minor facelift so it was more the V8's that got something "big".
VF2 SV6 got slightly different bumper & grille, a newer-looking alloy wheel in the same dimensions, and pushbutton start which VF SV6 didn't get ... probably some other small stuff.

Yes, if you were to line it up against a same-colour same-kilometres same-condition VF1, yours would be the one people would buy; so it's worth a bit more, although I'd only put maybe a few hundred more on the fact of it being a MY16 over MY15.

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Well yours is a Series II as it's MY16 ... you probably do have a couple of things not fitted to an MY15 (which was VF1), but they were gunning for headlines for that minor facelift so it was more the V8's that got something "big".
VF2 SV6 got slightly different bumper & grille, a newer-looking alloy wheel in the same dimensions, and pushbutton start which VF SV6 didn't get ... probably some other small stuff.

Yes, if you were to line it up against a same-colour same-kilometres same-condition VF1, yours would be the one people would buy; so it's worth a bit more, although I'd only put maybe a few hundred more on the fact of it being a MY16 over MY15.

thank you so much for the help!

The reason I was so confused was because my car has the newer designed front bumper, however it doesn’t have push start. And I still have a CD player which I’m pretty sure the series 2’s didn’t have.

these two features always lead me to believe it was a series one while still being a MY16.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
MY16 has no CD player. Also has push button start. Info from Holden brochure.

Do you have fog lights?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
'15 built my16 will have push button start and no CD player as that is what mine has. What month was your car built

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Didn’t the MY15 delete the DVD drive?

Papadoc, what’s your VIN?

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
'15 built my16 will have push button start and no CD player as that is what mine has. What month was your car built
The car was built in late February 15 but the paperwork says MY16

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Didn’t the MY15 delete the DVD drive?

Papadoc, what’s your VIN?
Here’s my VIN, I’m pretty sure it got taken out in the MY16 Models
6G1fB5E38FL117008

Papadoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Back to being confused again lol. I didn’t think that being made in February 15 it could even be a MY16. Is it possible the paperwork is wrong?

I took the car to Holdens recently for the power steering recall, and even the paperwork for that said MY16. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this