Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 VFII SSV Redline - Phantom with 20" black Vertini RF1.1 Wheels

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
164.JPG160.JPG165.JPG166.JPG167.JPG

Model: MY16 VFII SSV sedan
Colour: Phantom black metallic
Engine Type: LS3
Engine Mods: OTR + Tune by Russo Performance - 266.5 rwkw/484nm (brand new engine)
Gearbox: 6spd manual
Exhaust: X-Force 3" Catback, 3.75" tips

Stereo: Rainbow Vanadium splits, Focal solid 4 amp bridged for front channel. Audison SR1 dx monoblock, Image Dynamics IDMAX 12, custom ported box. 2 XXXL boxes of Focal Bam throughout. Indicator and GPS tones not amplified.

Suspension: King springs lowered

Wheels: Black Vertini RF1.1 - 20" Staggered 275 rear. P-Zero Nero rubber

Brakes: Std.

Other Mods:

Rolled rear guards
tint
mats
black side vent covers

Hi All,
Just thought i'd load up my new VF2 Redline - i haven't seen many cars with these wheels so i thought it might help everyone to see them on the car if they're considering them..

Cheers

Dan

Last edited:

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Very nice ride mate. What springs did you go for specifically? (Looking to replace my factory springs very soon). Interested in the benefits of the rolled rear guards also - was this only needed due to the size of new wheel/ tyre - would you recommend if I installed same lowered springs but maintained stock redline 19"wheels?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Looks awesome mate, must be a massive treat to drive with all those mods and it looks the business. Only thing I would suggest is to replace the chrome lining around the side doors with blackout bits.

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
cheers.. i'm really not sure what spec the springs are - they're definitely king brand. i think they're the lower of the 2 options king have...

Caused a bit of grief to be honest - when i first picked up the car they were rubbing like crazy, and by the time i'd driven 30 kms home, it had totally destroyed one tyre! The shop replaced it straight away and rolled the guards, but it was just stressful..

They still rub quite a bit, especially with passengers in the back and the bloody heavy sub box - with just me driving it's fine..

I think it's just going to the 20" instead of 19 that's caused the problem...

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
275/35/20 rear and 255/35/20 front - the tyres sit quite proud of the rims compared to the 275/30/20's I had on my VE, which were really stretched..

I've got no idea of the offsets sorry - they don't look extreme, so i should get reasonable wear...

They definitely still rub a little; i'm used to it, but i had my parents in the car and they freaked out every time, so it ruins the whole 'luxury car' side of it a little.. i think it was a pretty bodgy guard roll (free), so if i got it done properly it would be OK i reckon...

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks awesome man! Get the hose onto those rear wheels hah!

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
Looks awesome mate, must be a massive treat to drive with all those mods and it looks the business. Only thing I would suggest is to replace the chrome lining around the side doors with blackout bits.

haha yeah it's pretty sweet - sounds good and goes well too... only thing i really want to do is the headers... i'd love to go crazy with the blackout, but i'd rather concentrate on a bit more performance at this stage..

It rolled 266.5 rwkw at Russo when it was brand new, and feels like it's loosened up a lot since then - definitely a noticeable performance increase over my VE SSV with the same mods.. top end is not as different as i thought it might be, but the in gear punch is very strong compared to the 6.0...

pretty happy with the performance, but more is always better!!

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
Looks awesome man! Get the hose onto those rear wheels hah!

haha fair call! the boys at work wash it for me so i cant really complain though!

I'm going to paint that internal hub thing black too - actually made a huge difference to the look on my old car.. bloody fiddly if you cant be bothered taking the wheels off though...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
cheers.. i'm really not sure what spec the springs are - they're definitely king brand. i think they're the lower of the 2 options king have...

Caused a bit of grief to be honest - when i first picked up the car they were rubbing like crazy, and by the time i'd driven 30 kms home, it had totally destroyed one tyre! The shop replaced it straight away and rolled the guards, but it was just stressful..

They still rub quite a bit, especially with passengers in the back and the bloody heavy sub box - with just me driving it's fine..

I think it's just going to the 20" instead of 19 that's caused the problem...

King Springs come in more than two options.

Looking at your ride height I’ll have a guess and say they are SSSL front and rear.

Going 20’s over 19’s wouldn’t make any difference to your scraping as the tyre profile changes from one to the other to maintain the overall tyre diameter.

You could go a lower profile tyre but then you’d not meet the required load rating.

It all comes down to offsets and yours are very aggressive.

I’ve had 20x10 with 295 wide tyres without ever scrapping.

Have you any idea what the offsets are?