Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I discovered that the predatory pricing has also started on the HSVs. One dealer lists a '16 Tourer as $85k on the road on their website but is now claiming that the price excludes the on road costs. They are asking over $93k on the road.

I believe holden dealers will be having a lot of HSV stock sitting on the floor mid of next year if they are not willing to start shaving 10k off the sticker prices. Im interested to know what the dealers will do if they cannot shift HSV stock and not willing to slash 10k off the sticker prices as part of people negotiating a deal.

profaine

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I went to a dealer and placed a deposit for a MY17 SV6, I informed them it would be under Employee Pricing and they didn't say anything about not being able to do it... (maybe they didn't realise it would be coming out of their allocation or maybe being an SV6 they weren't as fussed?!).
They couldn't give me full specifications or pricing yet but did suggest he might be able to pass on more details on the 3rd of Jan...

Interestingly, as the forums have suggested, they said (Metro Holden Adelaide) that they received much lower stock than they had hoped (9 Caprice Vs for 2017 - 5 of which have already been sold).
They also said Claridge Holden sold up and left the industry on their own accord where as Plaza Holden were politely told... (seems to confirm what a lot of people have been saying). How much of all this is true I am not sure but one would hope they know what they are talking about...

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I believe holden dealers will be having a lot of HSV stock sitting on the floor mid of next year if they are not willing to start shaving 10k off the sticker prices. Im interested to know what the dealers will do if they cannot shift HSV stock and not willing to slash 10k off the sticker prices as part of people negotiating a deal.

Good point, might be some HSV bargains around

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Don't know that Holden makes that much more money out of HSV builds. I doubt they're charging HSV retail, and there's not a lot that saves Holden money when those cars are running down the production line.

However I did start saying "pffft" a few days ago, and wrote the numbers down ... and what sounds like a small number of cars being assigned to dealers is probably not all that unusual.
So how many Commodores have they been selling recently per year, 25000 or so?
Only 2/3 of a year for production, make that about 17000.
Extra 3000 cars for USA, that's 14000.
Half local production in these final years is V8 innit? So 7000.
How many dealers are there? People are saying 35-odd Redlines at their local dealer, with SSV gone would it be 50:50 between SS & Redline? This is all rule-of-thumb. So that dealer with 35 Redlines has 70 V8's.
100 dealers in all of Australia? Probably not that many, but probably not FAR short, and the bigger dealers will be getting more cars.
I think the numbers of cars we're hearing that're allocated to dealers are looking not entirely different to the numbers that would've been sold for the first 2/3 of the year this year & last year ... ?
Forg. I would have expected the allocation numbers as you suggest but my dealer reported their v8 allocation is only 50 % of last year. They have only been allocated 9 SS in addition to the 35 reddies and 10 limiteds plus 1 director. The redlines appear to be the big sellers moving forward but depends on what your after.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Well I bit the bullet and have just put my deposit down for a MY17 Manual Motorsport Edition. Sight unseen, specs unknown.

Ive opted for a June 2017 build, so hopefully be one of the first ones built for purchase, so hoping I get a single or double digit on the build plate, as they will be individually numbered.

Hope I have done the right thing.

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Well I bit the bullet and have just put my deposit down for a MY17 Manual Motorsport Edition. Sight unseen, specs unknown.

Ive opted for a June 2017 build, so hopefully be one of the first ones built for purchase, so hoping I get a single or double digit on the build plate, as they will be individually numbered.

what colour and did they give ya a price? Do they have a allocation guaranteed?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
what colour and did they give ya a price? Do they have a allocation guaranteed?

None of the details are out yet. I've been told you can't get a specific allocation until details are released on the 19th. I have had a deposit down for a my17 limited edition for 2 years :)

Petrit Selimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV BLACK HSV #1

Congratulations mate as long as you are happy and I know you won't be dissapointed.
What colour did you choose?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
No colour was choosen. As specs are not out yet, so it's just a white car until details are released. Price is rumored to start at $61,990 for manual plus ORC.

EternityDre I suggest you be proactive and get back in touch with your dealer as they have been given allocations. People who have put a deposit down have already been able to take their pick.

My dealer has only been given 6 Motorsport, 1 for June and 1 for July in Auto.

1 for June and 3 for July in Manual.

They have only been given one Director.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
EternityDre I suggest you be proactive and get back in touch with your dealer as they have been given allocations. People who have put a deposit down have already been able to take their pick.

I hassle her at least once per week. I'm confident my deposit is on a manual motorsport, just waiting for details so we can lock it in.