Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
This is really disappointing if true.

yea I know, I was looking forward to a bit of luxury in the M.E shits me when Holden do this sort of stuff. Probably to pay for the trans cooler rather than an ass cooler on the M.E

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Motorsport Edition sounds good but I'm not sure that it sounds like $10k worth of good. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a regular SSVR.

Funnily enough, if 1500 Motorsport editions are going to be built, the standard MY17 SSVR might end up being the rarer car!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
So Ill help round out the speculation here:

300 Directors
300 Magnums
1500 Motorsports

Motorsport edition will have the following:
- New wheel option
- MRC
- Heated Seats (cooled not 100% confirmed)
- Slotted brake disks (still brembo calipers)
- Oil Cooler, Transmission cooler
- Memory seats for passenger and driver
- special edition Sticker pack
- no power bump - requires more R&D $$$ for certification - not gonna happen

Price will be close to $10k more than SSV Redline

Info to be released shortly to dealers - most likely tomorrow. I may not have it all 100% correct but the above is probably 95%

every car next year is also pre allocated (inclduing normal MY17s) so the dealers will only get the set allocation + factory orders
The motorsports wont be out till the end of the production run most likely mid year and will also be pre allocated

director will be similar to the current Chevy SS - dont know enough about the magnum yet so wont comment

Depending what figure you are using to price a Redline, adding the extra $10k brings it awfully close to a HSV Track Edition price.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I'm just pumped to see what a MY17 Reserve Edition looks like

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Actually the more I think about this, this is kind of annoying.

Part of why I was thinking of buying a MY17 SSVR was to have the last and best SS before the end. Now it seems if I want the "best", that will be the ME for $10k more. I don't want to spend $10k more on stuff I don't really want.

Incidentally there seem to be a fair few $62-65k Clubsport Black editions on Carsales. All of them in Victoria for some reason.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
M.e.

Hi Guys
Great thread gets interesting every day as we close in on the final specs.
We all have our own thoughts about the Sticker Pack, So long as it doesn’t get engineered on the bonnet (for me anyway).

At the moment it’s not sounding very competitive the Motorsport Edition that we’ve been looking forward to. Well in relation to the SSVR having a price tag of $10k more and compared to Chevy SS specs, see below.

Pumping up the price by $10K, man those dam Americans get it all, when you covert the $47,000-USD Drive-away that’s $61,340.49-AUD take out freight of at least $2,000AUD (if we say shipping is $3,000 privately) the M.E. should cost under $59,500AUD since we are paying $55,000 for the current Redline, that’s just about $5K more for the M.E.

They’re making us pay through the nose for it again, hey GM we have had enough of you thinking we are accustomed to it, really and clearly we’re not.

Why don’t you do what your brother Smurf did, give us a Big Bang send off with extra, extra fruit that does not mean Kiwi fruit just more power with added KW at no extra cost (don’t worry about HSV it’s got its own market and besides it doesn’t carry a Holden badge they’re totally different market). What about the Emissions, well use the loophole exemption clause because they will only be a limited run of the mill so minimal impact on the Enviro, and the tree huggers should be alright with it.

Oh, and don’t forget to through in the "T43" Rear Wing Spoiler & HF 20" Wheels while you’re at it.

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi Guys
Great thread gets interesting every day as we close in on the final specs.
We all have our own thoughts about the Sticker Pack, So long as it doesn’t get engineered on the bonnet (for me anyway).

At the moment it’s not sounding very competitive the Motorsport Edition that we’ve been looking forward to. Well in relation to the SSVR having a price tag of $10k more and compared to Chevy SS specs, see below.

Pumping up the price by $10K, man those dam Americans get it all, when you covert the $47,000-USD Drive-away that’s $61,340.49-AUD take out freight of at least $2,000AUD (if we say shipping is $3,000 privately) the M.E. should cost under $59,500AUD since we are paying $55,000 for the current Redline, that’s just about $5K more.

They’re making us pay through the nose for it again, hey GM we have had enough of you thinking we are accustomed to it, really and clearly we’re not.

Why don’t you do what your brother Smurf did, give us a Big Bang send off with extra, extra fruit that does not mean Kiwi fruit just more power with added KW at no extra cost (don’t worry about HSV it’s got its own market and besides it doesn’t carry a Holden badge they’re totally different market). What about the Emissions, well use the loophole exemption clause because they will only be a limited run of the mill so minimal impact on the Enviro, and the tree huggers should be alright with it.

Oh, and don’t forget to through in the "T43" Rear Wing Spoiler & HF 20" Wheels while you’re at it.

And LSA up front

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Hi all : after reading all these posts, im just glad i got my MY16 ssvr when i did : 15k worth of extras including the W375 for 57k DA : cant beat that sort of price people ☺