Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
i want to start a guessing comp for the change over price for SuperCoach:

let me have the first guess $65700 for the purchase $38000 for the trade so $27700 change over
lets see who is closest

ouch! if its that, then im keeping my 900km Redline! or sell it privately.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i will be interested to see what they offer

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
If they put at 400kw LSA in a redline and did nothing else, I would pay 10K more than a redline, even at full retail. I cant see anything other than that being worth 10K.

They could lift all HSV to 430 (or more) plus they still have LS9 cars (if they are real). It would still cut into HSV sales, but does GM care at this point, imagine how many redlines they would sell !

And that is what I call "Political Correctness" as a last hurrah for the much loved Aussie car

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
16 plated ex-GM company fleet Redline Sedans are currently making around circa $50k with no extras on them.

This meeting you're talking about I can only guess is the one that they're holding after the New Astra Drive days which are being conducted around the country as a part of the new Astra launch plans. It's on a different day in each state (the SA one is indeed tomorrow). Our WA one is next Wednesday.

I've heard and seen details of the runout special packs that have been mentioned. Don't be surprised if the names you're quoting are the vehicle names, but not the actual 'marketing' names i.e. the cars will be markted under a different name. All of the special packs are now not being built until at least 3rd Quarter next year. If the build numbers are indeed as low as being suggested, any expecting a bargain is going to be sorely disappointed. There's plenty of ruthless dealers out there and no one's going to be giving one away if they're only allocated a single car.

We already have numerous customer's waiting and I'm sure if they were pushed hard enough they'd hand over a deposit in order to get one of the final cars.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
And that is what I call "Political Correctness" as a last hurrah for the much loved Aussie car

They could do it fair as well to stop all the dealer markup, stashing cars to sell at premium later, people ordering cars then trying to flip them at/before delivery for profit, genuine buyers missing out to flippers... all the stuff that happened with the Falcons. Could follow a Tesla like model :

1) Come up with specs and a driveaway price for each state, everyone pays the same
2) Give it a month of advertising the arrangement, showing in dealerships, then open for orders
3) Register online for your place in line with $1000 deposit
4) Can cancel order up until your build is allocated, but you lose place in line
5) You get a phone call when build is allocated and you pay another $1000, get delivery date
6) Car must be registered and delivered in name of deposit holder
7) Compensate dealer for delivery at location of owners choice
8) Keep making them until orders run out or factory shuts

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
good price - what else did you get for your 57k apart from the W375?

Hi mate : bear in mind that the 57k i paid is employee pricing : would normally cost about 73k DA : other extras were paint / interior protection , window tinting (,darkest legal ) , hf20s, tilt sensor alarm, high rise spoiler, lock nuts, sports mats and 3yr ext factory warranty : its a 6sp manual in slipstream blue ☺

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
They could do it fair as well to stop all the dealer markup, stashing cars to sell at premium later, people ordering cars then trying to flip them at/before delivery for profit, genuine buyers missing out to flippers... all the stuff that happened with the Falcons. Could follow a Tesla like model :

1) Come up with specs and a driveaway price for each state, everyone pays the same
2) Give it a month of advertising the arrangement, showing in dealerships, then open for orders
3) Register online for your place in line with $1000 deposit
4) Can cancel order up until your build is allocated, but you lose place in line
5) You get a phone call when build is allocated and you pay another $1000, get delivery date
6) Car must be registered and delivered in name of deposit holder
7) Compensate dealer for delivery at location of owners choice
8) Keep making them until orders run out or factory shuts

Why 'Compensate dealer for delivery at location of owners choice'? Dealers always include Dealer delivery chargers in the drive away price. And is always over priced.
Can someone explain to me what is 'Dealer Delivery Charges'? Seriuosly.
You clean and detail the car after factory delivery and do the rego...what else?