Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Thanks Tim, very disappointing if no manual on director and a lost opportunity for Holden IMHO, that was the whole point of director, SS type performance in a Calais body. Double lost opportunity if they retain the standard Calais front grille also

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Thanks Tim for the information being offered. Hopefully helps me make a decision at the right time.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm in the same position as you galaga, going to buy new, but knowing when to pull the trigger is the million dollar question. What do you think you will do?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'm in the same position as you galaga, going to buy new, but knowing when to pull the trigger is the million dollar question. What do you think you will do?

Just wait. Nothing has been confirmed by Holden. Tim (TimandHayley) has changed stories about 5 times. Sorry but it's the truth. Until we hear from Holden its all conjecture.
Personally I want one of the last limited editions, hopefully with MRC and the Chevy SS seats. I'll wait as long as it takes, even if that's mid 2017.

Last edited:

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers dre, patience is a virtue as they say

TA25

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline (coming soon)
Been stalking the forum for a little while. First post.

I'm also waiting for MY17 to pull the trigger. I'm not keen on a special/limited edition pack. I just want a standard final year of the SSV Redline in white.

However a couple things are on my wish list but not holding my breath on any. Heated seats, seat position memory, heated side mirror that dips on selecting reverse and CarPlay. Now that I've written that, it sounds a lot like what the Director is expected to be.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
TA25 if you just want the 17 plate redline, as far as I know, you can order that in October and you will be fine. As for special editions, I am curious and want one but I am not really in a position to be paying huge money for the extras. A redline I would be happy with but I want a 17 plate. However at this stage I am going to wait till I see some of the packs hopefully then make a decision. In all honesty, I think I will be waiting till first quarter next year till I even order. And even then I don't think we will have seen everything that will get released.

TA25

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline (coming soon)
I don't think your wishes will end up on a redline either.

Yeah just wishful thinking. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'll hold off until March/April to see what becomes available and if there's nothing that I can't live without then I'll be more than happy with a basic SSVR.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Just wait. Nothing has been confirmed by Holden. Tim (TimandHayley) has changed stories about 5 times. Sorry but it's the truth. Until we hear from Holden its all conjecture.
Personally I want one of the last limited editions, hopefully with MRC and the Chevy SS seats. I'll wait as long as it takes, even if that's mid 2017.

Reason things keep changing is cos Holden keeps changing their mind. We were suppose to get the Bathurst Redline model, but that has now been shelved.

Im glad I got my MY16 Redline for $53kDA with $6k worth of extras. Great deal, great car, just need to wait till September for it to be built. I dont expect deals or prices like that for MY17, they will be in hot demand.