Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'd buy the Camero over a Redline if it was available here, silly GM :(
Especially silly given the cars would probably cost Holden about 1/3 the cost of a Commodore.

Nugget0101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bus
Especially silly given the cars would probably cost Holden about 1/3 the cost of a Commodore.
I know right. A coupe too for that matter but as you said earlier, pretty unlikely if at all before 2020. Maybe a few years after that but would they even be N/A V8's by then? I just want to own a V8 before the inevitable.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
im abit annoyed they've removed the chrome from around the windows too. i was growing to like the front black out pack, but that bit of chrome around the windows gave it the higher class model look, now at first glance, the bodies of an SV6 and Redline are the same....

oh and for those that mentioned choosing chrome would be a no-cost option, my dealer said they could only do it if they had the chrome in house (i.e.: taken off another car to fit the blackout) and said if i wanted coloured coded mirror caps to get a professional painter to do so..... good customer service on a $60+ spend...

I agree with you. I like the chrome around the windows (did the same on my Wifes BMW X3 with Msport pack). I was in two minds if I should add blackout to my My16 redline as I thought car in the showroom model looked good in chrome. However the more I looked at the finer details I decided to go full blackout (except the chrome around the windows as there was no option to change this). After taking delivery I had no regrets. IMO the chrome on the front is over the top and does not suit the other details of the car such as the black bonnet air vents and black wheels. In fact, I think there is just way too much chrome for what is supposed to be a sports sedan. Look at the HSV's, you don't see them bolting on chrome everywhere. No, in fact they use a matte black plastic. I actually think the glossy phantom black on the SS-V's looks awesome as it matches to the vents and wheels. The dealer was kind enough to let me keep the chrome trims incase I ever change my mind but i can't see that happening any time soon. Here is the final product....
IMG_4789.jpg

Last edited:

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Yes they emailed a brochure through but still shows only Hf20 available on SSVR not the rest as she has indicated. The conflicting information had me concerned that they are not really sure what's going on!

Its because of the staggered wheels on the Redline. They claim that they won't option anything else unless they are staggered wheels hence only the HF20 black option.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its because of the staggered wheels on the Redline. They claim that they won't option anything else unless they are staggered wheels hence only the HF20 black option.
I'm wondering if the "6 options" mentioned earlier might have been some aftermarket things the dealer was offering?
The dealer we bought our car from sells cars fitted with Walkinshaw kits, for example. Maybe (for example) the dealer had done a deal with a wheel+tyre place for a limited range of aftermarket options?
There'd probably be a decent range of HSV wheels which would suit & which would be available, but as someone else said earlier, the RRP new prices on those are deadset scary.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I'm wondering if the "6 options" mentioned earlier might have been some aftermarket things the dealer was offering?
The dealer we bought our car from sells cars fitted with Walkinshaw kits, for example. Maybe (for example) the dealer had done a deal with a wheel+tyre place for a limited range of aftermarket options?
There'd probably be a decent range of HSV wheels which would suit & which would be available, but as someone else said earlier, the RRP new prices on those are deadset scary.
If you look at an SSV on the Holden site and check exterior accessories you will see 6 wheel options (4 of which are different color HF20's). Maybe that's it

Petrit Selimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV BLACK HSV #1
I found this on car sales for those that are wanting light my fire pics

Attachments

• IMG_2539.PNG
    IMG_2539.PNG
    408.8 KB · Views: 247

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you look at an SSV on the Holden site and check exterior accessories you will see 6 wheel options (4 of which are different color HF20's). Maybe that's it
Ah, sorry, my bad; I thought we were talking Redlines.
Yes, without the staggered fitment there are quite a few more options.
That's obviously what Paulie81 was referring to.

I found this on car sales for those that are wanting light my fire pics
Interesting & useful, in fact there are a few different views there & larger versions of the above ... the URL for the ad if anyone's interested.

73XU1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awaiting.......
The sales managers demo car at my local dealer is an SSVR with gunmetal grey HF20. I don't know if they are staggered but they are not repainted black HF20.
By the way this car is now for sale, I'll have to go and see what his replacement now looks like.
tmp_19858-20161216_1137491722163195.jpg