Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Super Coach, as a former champion of Spitfire Green, I think you would find that colour in the ME would be way more desirable than the HSV SV Black stripes or not...just sayin'
Yea if I go ahead with the purchase of a ME it will be either Heron White or Spitfire Green, I just remember the HSV being in that same price range (not that I would buy a HSV, always been a Holden man not a HSV man)

word on the street is, apparently the Motorsport Edition has sold out, all 1200 units have had deposits put against them. Still a few Director and Magnum that arent spoken for. I hope this doesnt turn out to be a Monaro CV8Z debacle again where Holden promised 1200 units and then demand outstripped supply, so they made another 400 to bump it up to 1600

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk
Where are the directors? All the dealers I called around Melbourne are sold??

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk
Just got me a director, done deal, anyone else pulled the trigger on a director? Looking around 75k d/a with the optional car cover
Now the hard decision beckons, what colour?

$75K????? Aren't they $63 before onroads???

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
The motorsports are not all sold out, dealer I spoke to had 5 allocated, 3 already sold with 2 left. They are only getting one director.

For anyone who doesn't like the red bits, most of it is ad on 'stickers' and can be removed. DRL surrounds could be swapped for black, along with the mirrors.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Can anyone think of a reason why you wouldn't get a director over a motorsports if you could? Considering the even less build numbers etc
The rear sub frame bush
Manual
Wing spoiler
More obvious styling highlights
More colour options
Strangely dipping mirrors on reverse are on motorsport but not director?

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
so after seeing all this hype and for the "special edition" to turn out to be a sticker pack and parts bin special, let me be the first to announce that I have informed my dealer that I'm pulling out of the deal for a ME and will just settler for a standard SSVR!

If I'm honest, i had made this decision a few weeks back, but thought it wait to release day to see them and see the "full specs"

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
The rear sub frame bush
Manual
Wing spoiler
More obvious styling highlights
More colour options
Strangely dipping mirrors on reverse are on motorsport but not director?
Would have expected the wing spoiler to be standard as a main Motorsport differentiating feature (whether or not it provides any benefit)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Would have expected the wing spoiler to be standard as a main Motorsport differentiating feature (whether or not it provides any benefit)

Yeah, that standard 'lip' spoiler has to be the thinnest spoiler I've ever seen.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I guess the big things for me are the limited numbers, especially in the directors case (which I originally read on here was only going to be available to dealer principles and made to keep for 2 year min) and the hardware upgrades/options included as standard for the special editions.
The limited build numbers will Def be more desirable and hold their value in the future better, just like all the previous cars have in the past...