Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Hi spiderpig,
I can confirm the lip spoiler is held on by 3 plugs in holes in the decklid as well as waterproof double sided tape. So removing the lip spoiler would leave holes.
Are you confirming the standard lip spoiler mounting points or this new slimline almost nonexistent one on the se range?

Last edited:

GMAC333

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF 2 white, future MSE Auto Red
Hi all I am a new member and long time Holden enthusiast. I have been watching these forums for the past month and cannot believe what some dealers are doing with price gouging. I still have a deposit down with my local dealer in melbourne's east for a MSE auto, he said his best price is $76500 drive away, with $5k dealer delivery. I have until monday morning to decide whether I want to go through with it, but feel I am being ripped off. Can anyone give me some possible dealers anywhere in Melbourne or outer Melbourne (I am prepared to travel) that will do a better deal as I will ring around tomorrow during the 4 day weekend sale. Any help would be appreciated please.

I would appreciate if anyone could message me or reply to this post of possible MELBOURNE/VIC dealers which may have MSE autos available for better price, regards

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
G'day GMAC333, Ring Brighton Holden first thing Monday, ask for Kay (she's great to deal with) Ph 9528 2222, they had 2 auto's left as of closing Friday night (manuals sold out) I reckon you'd be looking at 72K-ish DA. You'll pick one up cheaper than that, mind you the sort of review provided by Drive does nothing to keep prices honest, good luck with the search.
Most dealers should be open this weekend for the 4 day Sale

BULLIT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus ISF
I would appreciate if anyone could message me or reply to this post of possible MELBOURNE/VIC dealers which may have MSE autos available for better price, regards

While not i Victoria, I know of a local Qld dealer who has 3 MSE Auto available as of Saturday afternoon, price was $72,647 Drive away in Qld, obviously less if buying interstate as no on road costs

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My dealer has emailed me a price today of $74,402 for a Motorsport auto with prestige paint and big spoiler. Thoughts ladies and gents?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
no sunroof, no memory seats, no black roof, no EDI, no heated seats, no big wing spoiler, no factory fitted tow bar, just no no no thanks. :)

You've completely missed the point of my post. The options (or lack thereof) compared to other vehicles in the lineup is irrelevant. I was simply suggesting that this is the cheapest R8 LSA I've seen to date. And going by those who agree with me, it seems I'm not alone.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Yes Martin I'm impressed and i'm sure I'll be happy with LMF, feeling much better about it all now. The black outs will be staying because that's how she's arriving despite my previous pro chrome comments. I can get my chrome fix from my sv6. Even the black rims are growing on me because they pretty much have to....So have you ordered ssvr, manual in LMF also ? Have you considered the black roof as per the photos? I realise they are very limited.
I noticed you ordered the mud flaps so I got the impression you were doing a lot of country driving, wise option. I ordered a MY17 manual SSVR about two weeks ago and was thinking either LMF or white, price was 59.9K plus options taking it up to about 61.6K less the 2K deposit. At the time I asked if I could change to a ME once the details and price was known which the sales manager agreed to, they estimated 6K over SSVR price. The day of the release I asked the dealer to put one on hold until the price was known, surprisingly they agreed to this. It wasn't until yesterday mid morning GMH updated the special edition pricing onto the system, they rang me and quoted 71.6k DA. I said thanks very much for your time and effort but no thanks, I didn't see the ME as being worth 10K more than the SSVR, not to me anyway. The sales person said it will sell within an hour, I said fine but to be honest she sounded really disappointed. I will make the point she and the dealership were a pleasure to deal with. Anyway, I'm a little disappointed but still wrapped to be getting the SSVR, a car I'll probably never use to its full potential anyway. At 5.30 Friday I get a call from the dealership asking if I was sure about the decision (I thought we were done and the car sold). We talked about the price and she did some work to minimise/avoid the LCT, the price came down to just under 70K so I bit the bullet. What can I say, its more than I need but its nice to have. I always keep my cars for a long time so it may well be the last significant car I own, it will certainly be the best. Sorry about the long reply RedBadge, it was just strange how the whole thing played out. The sales rep, I reckon she was more excited than I was.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
My dealer has emailed me a price today of $74,402 for a Motorsport auto with prestige paint and big spoiler. Thoughts ladies and gents?
Ballpark figure with the options, prices vary with dealerships, may get a little cheaper but cars are running out unfortunately. SSVR prices are starting to move also if the dealership I went through are any example.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I noticed you ordered the mud flaps so I got the impression you were doing a lot of country driving, wise option. I ordered a MY17 manual SSVR about two weeks ago and was thinking either LMF or white, price was 59.9K plus options taking it up to about 61.6K less the 2K deposit. At the time I asked if I could change to a ME once the details and price was known which the sales manager agreed to, they estimated 6K over SSVR price. The day of the release I asked the dealer to put one on hold until the price was known, surprisingly they agreed to this. It wasn't until yesterday mid morning GMH updated the special edition pricing onto the system, they rang me and quoted 71.6k DA. I said thanks very much for your time and effort but no thanks, I didn't see the ME as being worth 10K more than the SSVR, not to me anyway. The sales person said it will sell within an hour, I said fine but to be honest she sounded really disappointed. I will make the point she and the dealership were a pleasure to deal with. Anyway, I'm a little disappointed but still wrapped to be getting the SSVR, a car I'll probably never use to its full potential anyway. At 5.30 Friday I get a call from the dealership asking if I was sure about the decision (I thought we were done and the car sold). We talked about the price and she did some work to minimise/avoid the LCT, the price came down to just under 70K so I bit the bullet. What can I say, its more than I need but its nice to have. I always keep my cars for a long time so it may well be the last significant car I own, it will certainly be the best. Sorry about the long reply RedBadge, it was just strange how the whole thing played out. The sales rep, I reckon she was more excited than I was.
Well done Martin, so you ended up getting a ME, I thought you had settled on an ssvr.
That's a great deal you got considering some of the prices being thrown about here. What colour did you get?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi spiderpig,
I can confirm the lip spoiler is held on by 3 plugs in holes in the decklid as well as waterproof double sided tape. So removing the lip spoiler would leave holes.
Hi Matt, can you confirm you are talking about the lip spoiler fitted to the new MSE (when calling it a spoiler was it in context to the look of the car because if that is the case it actually works, (just my opinion)). The lip spoiler fitted previously looked great, this one doesn't and would like the wing but have omitted it from the contract to avoid LCT. It is so small I thought it would just be stuck on allowing the wing to be retro fitted without replacing the boot lid. I asked the dealership and they told me to contact GMH to find out.