Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ In a way, I'll be a bit disappointed if he knows the fuel consumption of his GTS ... :D

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
I've looked after cars such as a 2005 Maxima & 1998 Liberty & 2008 Mazda3 & 2012 Toyobaru, and I've never seen paint as thin as on VF.

That's a worry. My 86 has the worst paint I've had on any new car. Thin and chips or scratches if you look at it the wrong way. I expected far better from a Japanese-built car.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yeeah, by comparison the VF's paint is thinner.
It's so thin that paint-chips just look like a small white spot in the paint; you can't see a raised edge where the chip ends & the paint begins.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
^ Yeeah, by comparison the VF's paint is thinner.
It's so thin that paint-chips just look like a small white spot in the paint; you can't see a raised edge where the chip ends & the paint begins.
Maybe a dumb question, but just out of interest, does thicker paint necessarily make it more chip resistant? Or are there other variables as well, e.g. the matrix of the paint at the micro level, quality of bond / lamination to undercoat and metal, metal and subsurface coatings prep, paint and clear coat flexibility / elasticity or conversely rigidity? All of which would be affected by paint grade, quality and process I suppose.

Last edited:

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Mayne a dumb question, but just out of interest, does thicker paint necessarily make it more chip resistant? Or are there other variables as well, e.g. the matrix of the paint at the micro level, quality of bond / lamination to undercoat and metal, metal and subsurface coatings prep, paint and clear coat flexibility / elasticity or conversely rigidity? All of which would be affected by paint grade, quality and process I suppose.
Correct on all counts

Bookie

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question regarding the Limited Edition MotorSport drivers seat.

Does anyone know if the it will be programmable with memory similar to that of the Calais?

The only info I can find on it is that:
o New performance front seats (heated)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi guys I have a question regarding the Limited Edition MotorSport drivers seat.

Does anyone know if the it will be programmable with memory similar to that of the Calais?

My understanding is both front seats are 8 way electronically adjustable memory seats.

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE

Hi Bookie, you can see the memory seat buttons on the door, this image is from the holden website..
Satellite.jpg

Bookie

Reaction score
Thanks Sabman, figures crossed. I'm 6"1' and the missus is 4"nothing. It would be the best feature for us if it does. I can't wait!