Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe a dumb question, but just out of interest, does thicker paint necessarily make it more chip resistant? Or are there other variables as well, e.g. the matrix of the paint at the micro level, quality of bond / lamination to undercoat and metal, metal and subsurface coatings prep, paint and clear coat flexibility / elasticity or conversely rigidity? All of which would be affected by paint grade, quality and process I suppose.
Oh absolutely. Anyone who's rattle-canned something with an accidentally over-thick coating will know how easily it chips. :)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi guys I have a question regarding the Limited Edition MotorSport drivers seat.

Does anyone know if the it will be programmable with memory similar to that of the Calais?

The only info I can find on it is that:
o New performance front seats (heated)
Yes the Motorsport will have a 2 setting memory programmed drivers seat with easy exit feature. The car key will be matched to each driver, so each time the car recognises a different key the drivers seat will move the seat to that programmed position. It will also include the left side mirror dipping when selecting reverse along with heated exterior side mirrors for winter.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Yes the Motorsport will have a 2 setting memory programmed drivers seat with easy exit feature. The car key will be matched to each driver, so each time the car recognises a different key the drivers seat will move the seat to that programmed position. It will also include the left side mirror dipping when selecting reverse along with heated exterior side mirrors for winter.
are you sure about the heated exterior side mirrors, I can't remember seeing that feature.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
are you sure about the heated exterior side mirrors, I can't remember seeing that feature.
its part of the package that links the memory/heated seats, mirrors. It cant be changed as it would cost too much to delete one part (that being the heated mirrors) have a look at the mirror, you will see the side blind alert symbol and then the heated mirrors symbol below it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Wonder if the seat-position/memory thing will have the same issues that MyLink seems to have for keyless-entry cars, with there being two memories & being a tad confused over which one to revert to?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
its part of the package that links the memory/heated seats, mirrors. It cant be changed as it would cost too much to delete one part (that being the heated mirrors) have a look at the mirror, you will see the side blind alert symbol and then the heated mirrors symbol below it.

Can't say you don't have a keen eye for detail. :0 You still going with the Heron?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't say you don't have a keen eye for detail. :0 You still going with the Heron?
I think so mate, have just been mucking around with Photoshop on what Spitfire would look like and Im still kinda torn between the 2, Love the red highlights on the white, but the green is a highlight on its own.

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i have a good lead on a Motor Sports Edition, in Manual for around the June Delivery for very close to RRP, dealer located in SA. PM me if seriously interested.