Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
i have a good lead on a Motor Sports Edition, in Manual for around the June Delivery for very close to RRP, dealer located in SA. PM me if seriously interested.
PM sent

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I think so mate, have just been mucking around with Photoshop on what Spitfire would look like and Im still kinda torn between the 2, Love the red highlights on the white, but the green is a highlight on its own.

If you want to be noticed you'd have to go the Spitfire wouldn't you? It just screams "look at me". All the colours have their plus's, the problem is none of us get to see the special editions before we have to decide, (except Heron or Red Hot for the MSE). Holden should produce a gallery of each type (Director, Magnum and MS) in each colour so people can make a more educated decision. I'd like to see a Nitrate MSE, you'd like to see a Spitfire MSE and I'm tipping there are plenty of other people who like to see a particular colour. It wouldn't be that hard for Holden to dress up some Redlines to give perspective owners a better idea. That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you want to be noticed you'd have to go the Spitfire wouldn't you? It just screams "look at me". All the colours have their plus's, the problem is none of us get to see the special editions before we have to decide, (except Heron or Red Hot for the MSE). Holden should produce a gallery of each type (Director, Magnum and MS) in each colour so people can make a more educated decision. I'd like to see a Nitrate MSE, you'd like to see a Spitfire MSE and I'm tipping there are plenty of other people who like to see a particular colour. It wouldn't be that hard for Holden to dress up some Redlines to give perspective owners a better idea. That's just my opinion for what it's worth.
That would be a great idea.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think so mate, have just been mucking around with Photoshop on what Spitfire would look like and Im still kinda torn between the 2, Love the red highlights on the white, but the green is a highlight on its own.

Oh no. Did you have to do that? Now I'm liking Spitfire
The black 6.2L bonnet graphic would look great on both of those colours.

Last edited:

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Oh no. Did you have to do that? Now I'm liking Spitfire
The black 6.2L bonnet graphic would look great on both of those clours.
I'm thinking along the same line...Spitfire Green with the Hood power decal..!!!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Can't believe Holden couldn't do badges (like director) rather than a poxy sticker pack. Surely the budget isn't that tight.

LS3Director

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Director
Can't believe Holden couldn't do badges (like director) rather than a poxy sticker pack. Surely the budget isn't that tight.

I've got a feeling the budget could have been found, but the sticker kit is a big nod to the HDT VC Commodores which had all bandging removed in favour of striped stickers (first Commodore to win at Bathurst - the early internal name of the MSE)