Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Your dealer is doing quite well if they were "only" allocated 7 W1's. Most dealers were lucky to get that many Redlines.
Hi Zero, my understanding is all the W1's are spoken for but the numbers do relate to less than 1 car per dealership. Close to 700hp, what would you do with that, fry tires :) A quick question for you, how does it feel being the most liked poster here, great work :)

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Yes I reckon your right re the green but I'm not really a "look at me" kind of person. I'm really just going to have a look at the other colours and try and make a decision on which colour, my dealer says I need to finalise the contract by the end of Feb for some reason. I think Spitfire is quite a bit brighter than the Jungle green from what I've seen. Anyway, I might take some pics and post them up if anyone is interested. I understand it is for sale so I'll get the DA price. Pretty sure its optioned with the 20"rims and maybe the Phantom roof, I'll know tomorrow. Yes, pushing the delivery back a few weeks for the Phantom roof is worthwhile, how much is that option if you don't mind me asking $500? thanks RedBadge.
Yep the black roof was a $500 option Martin. Same price as last year i beleive.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hi Zero, my understanding is all the W1's are spoken for but the numbers do relate to less than 1 car per dealership. Close to 700hp, what would you do with that, fry tires :) A quick question for you, how does it feel being the most liked poster here, great work :)

Hey Martin,
What can I say, I'm chuffed lol.:D
According to the quick search I just did, there are 57 HSV Dealers throughout Australia, so with 300 W1's made that's roughly 5 cars per dealer. Normal Holden dealerships don't get access to anything HSV, let alone W1.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I think Spitfire is quite a bit brighter than the Jungle green from what I've seen. Anyway, I might take some pics and post them up if anyone is interested.
Spitfire is very similar to the VE Atomic green only brighter. Jungle is almost identical to the VY Hothouse green.

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina, MY17 VF II SSV Redline
Received my MY17 Redline w/ black roof last week. The piano black trim looks amazing! Much better than the tacky looking carbon fibre. I still can't believe how good the car handles in comparison to the VE II.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Hi all,
Long time reader but first post. In the market for MY17 SSVR with a few accessories. Have had a motorbuys quite done and got the final quotes through this afternoon after the 24 hours... best was an SA dealer at $58,200 drive away and the worst was a vic dealer at $67k. Massive spread... I'm in the ACT and a dealer here had a 2016 plate for $63k drive away... some weird pricing. Anyone else having same issues?
Thanks
Hobbit

Which dealer in the ACT did you speak to?

EXTNCT

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA [EXTNCT] and 1987 VL Calais 5.0 [NOT03L]
Received my MY17 Redline w/ black roof last week. The piano black trim looks amazing! Much better than the tacky looking carbon fibre. I still can't believe how good the car handles in comparison to the VE II.

Post up a few shots of it buddy. I'll do the same in 2/3 weeks when mine is ready! What colour did you go for?

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina, MY17 VF II SSV Redline
Red hot! The colour match between the bumper and body is perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 321

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
IMG_6624.JPG
IMG_6632.JPG
Spitfire green