Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
G'day RedBadge,
That's one of the best pics of LMF I've seen so far. Looks stunning in the sun. Absolutely no regrets whatsoever with ordering this colour.
The colour matching of the bumpers is a bit of a worry though. I'm hoping its just the photo though.
I've yet to see a LMF car in the metal... I think my car will be the first I see lol.
Hey Zero. Yeah it'll probably be the first time i see the colour when i pick mine up too.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
$64990 for a manual?
Seems a bit steep when I know of a dealer in Sydney that quoted me $59700 D/A for a SSVR manual in SOAG.

Thats Canberra dealers for you...

G'day RedBadge,
That's one of the best pics of LMF I've seen so far. Looks stunning in the sun. Absolutely no regrets whatsoever with ordering this colour.
The colour matching of the bumpers is a bit of a worry though. I'm hoping its just the photo though.
I've yet to see a LMF car in the metal... I think my car will be the first I see lol.

The colour matching is no problem in the flesh from what i saw. The uploading of the pics to the net has messed with them a bit and for some reason that pic from front on has alot of natural light hitting the guard but not the front bumper.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Yer "smart country" that votes in "dumb government" that flushes our manufacturing industry down the toilet in the name of "free trade".

Yes, but the politicians have their share portfolios to consider

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I also asked if the chrome pack could be reinstated, and the sports bar removed. And they were obliging to do that.

The chrome is a no-cost option. It's not that its being re-instated, its that they are optioning the chrome instead of black. I would also be obliging if a customer was paying north of 50k, Lol

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
The chrome is a no-cost option. It's not that its being re-instated, its that they are optioning the chrome instead of black. I would also be obliging if a customer was paying north of 50k, Lol

No, you cannot option chrome from the factory on a MY17 Redline, myself and a couple of others here have already looked into this. The only way it can be done is if the dealer swaps it for you.
My dealer offered to swap mine over but I declined.

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
The dealer is going to refit the chrome. And remove the sports bar for me.

But it might not even get to that stage yet. I may not even get one yet, The dealer has got to track down a Redline ute in black, and manual. If they cant well, yeah it might not to happen. :(

Does anyone here know how the dealer goes about finding a car in this case?

LS3Director

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Director
The dealer is going to refit the chrome. And remove the sports bar for me.

But it might not even get to that stage yet. I may not even get one yet, The dealer has got to track down a Redline ute in black, and manual. If they cant well, yeah it might not to happen. :(

Does anyone here know how the dealer goes about finding a car in this case?

Assuming the vehicle is not in their final allocation, they would need to find a dealer who has one and negotiate a swap/buy. Unfortunately I'd suggest dealers would be reluctant to swap such a highly sought after (profitable) car.

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
That's correct. They have no SSV Redline utes in thier final allocation. And they've got to try and get one from another dealer

Looking pretty grim for me hey.....

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
That's correct. They have no SSV Redline utes in thier final allocation. And they've got to try and get one from another dealer

Looking pretty grim for me hey.....
Are you ready to buy now? Get on the motorbuys website, tell them what you want and they will dealer shop for you

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Having seen that exact Light My Fire car in the photos myself, I'm now wondering about my choice of Slipstream Blue. The orange is more unique, and I do generally like orange as a colour. On the other hand it's more gold than orange in some ways, and I do wonder if I'll be sick of looking at it in a decade from now, whereas I probably won't get sick of looking at a nice blue.

My current VE is Ignition and I think the part I'll miss the most about it is the colour!