Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Because I'm extremely fussy and I don't trust them enough to give it the same level of care and attention that I would. ie. they would probably use the same sponges/cloths that have been used to wash a million other cars.

Yeah thought that may be the reason. I guess as long as its not too dusty when you pick it up so you can see any issues its all good. Im seriously considering opticoat aswell but i think i will still get the dealer to wash ours as the opticoat guys will sort any issues they induce anyway.

ENVOUS_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac Supercharged
G'day Troyziee,
No hassle at all mate, the salesman was a pleasure to deal with and went out of his way to ensure my requests were met.
As for the paint, the car was somewhat dusty when it arrived so I will have a good look over it once I give it a good wash. It will be going through a multi stage correction process when the Opticoat gets done, so that should take care of anything.

One thing that's got me stumped is the paint match on the front bar. If you have a look at the side on pic I posted it stands out like dogs balls, but when I was looking at it in person it looked nowhere near as noticeable. I think it must be the camera playing tricks.

Congrats Zero,
Colour looks awesome, Preston Motors Essendon yeah?
Same dealer I'm going through for my MSE, great salesmen.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Congrats Zero,
Colour looks awesome, Preston Motors Essendon yeah?
Same dealer I'm going through for my MSE, great salesmen.

Cheers mate, yeah that's the one. They have been great to deal with from day one and I'm very happy with my buying experience so far.
Congrats on the MSE, when is it due?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
When your car is being transported on the truck, if you are unlucky and it is on the top at the front, it will be covered in bugs and exposed to possible stone chips on its way to the dealer. If it does get this position, you want the dealer to wash it asap as the bug guts will eat through the clearcoat and you can correct the micro marring later.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Sunk in yet?

Well done on your colour choice. It's stunning.
Bit gelly...so long to wait for mine! ;)

Thanks mate. I don't think it will sink in until it's sitting in my driveway.:)

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Love the colour in the shade (first pic).

Yeah you and me both. I love the way it goes from a dark bronze/copper colour in the shade to a bright sparkling orange in the sunlight.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Here's some I took at my local dealer about 5 weeks ago.
It's a shame they dropped the red stitching. It's a nice contrasting highlight to the black I think.