Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Cheers RedBadge.
What can I say, it looks absolutely fantastic in the metal and I have no regrets choosing LMF at all.
Half the dealership came out to look at it when it arrived as I think it is the first LMF car they have received.
Yeah, I've seen one live too, just recently. I tell you, if the MSE I've ordered had that colour option, It would be in my top 2.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Yeah, I've seen one live too, just recently. I tell you, if the MSE I've ordered had that colour option, It would be in my top 2.

Yeah I would have loved to have seen a LMF MSE, it would be interesting to know the reason why they never did one.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I haven't been able to find too many reviews of the MY17 Redline, but this popped up today:

http://techau.com.au/review-2017-commodore-vfii-ssv-redline/

Nice review. Fair and honest. Listed all pros and cons fairly. I wonder if there will be an Apple Carplay update from one of the other Holdens in future. Not as a build from factory, but possibly a mod of some kind that you can replace in the future. Possibly from a Captiva/Astra/Barina. I know it's not a simple replacement but it would be nice if it could be done. Remove that MyLink. Yeah.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Yeah I would have loved to have seen a LMF MSE, it would be interesting to know the reason why they never did one.
The grey and black would contrast nicely with LMF, but I wonder if red mirrors etc, along with the red wheel stripe would be otherwise. Personally, I think an LMF MSE would have been a winner. At this point, I'm going with Nitrate, sight unseen, however.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I really don't know what the story is with the steering wheel. All the press releases stated that it was to have "jade black applique" as per the dash strip, however it has turned out to be silver, so somebody has gotten their wires crossed somewhere along the line. I think the silver looks quite good though and prefer it to be honest.

As for cleaning out the garage, I'm right in the thick of that now. I wasn't expecting my car for another couple of weeks so silly me left it to the last minute. My garage resembles a bomb site at the moment, so I've still got plenty of hard work ahead of me.

So can you fit your car in your garage? Or is it really a bomb site? I have a 2.5 car garage and I can barely walk through it. No cars can fit of course. I think I should map out a plan of what I want to do ie: throw out some boxes, install some shelves, throw out more boxes, and paint the floor while I'm shuffling some stuff around. It gives a terrible cement dust and always wanted to paint it. Better start cracking.

ENVOUS_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac Supercharged
Cheers mate, yeah that's the one. They have been great to deal with from day one and I'm very happy with my buying experience so far.
Congrats on the MSE, when is it due?

Cheers bud, still haven't got a confirmation on build time but I'm guessing July+ The long wait begins.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
So can you fit your car in your garage? Or is it really a bomb site? I have a 2.5 car garage and I can barely walk through it. No cars can fit of course. I think I should map out a plan of what I want to do ie: throw out some boxes, install some shelves, throw out more boxes, and paint the floor while I'm shuffling some stuff around. It gives a terrible cement dust and always wanted to paint it. Better start cracking.
I've never used my garage for parking a car in before as it was used primarily for storage, so I've got a ton of crap and several years worth of dust to contend with. I wanted to paint my floor too but I definitely won't have time now. A quick tidy up and clean will have to do.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never used my garage for parking a car in before as it was used primarily for storage, so I've got a ton of crap and several years worth of dust to contend with. I wanted to paint my floor too but I definitely won't have time now. A quick tidy up and clean will have to do.

Good luck. I'd like to see a pic of your car poking out of your garage, or just in your garage, you get the idea..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Nice review. Fair and honest. Listed all pros and cons fairly. I wonder if there will be an Apple Carplay update from one of the other Holdens in future. Not as a build from factory, but possibly a mod of some kind that you can replace in the future. Possibly from a Captiva/Astra/Barina. I know it's not a simple replacement but it would be nice if it could be done.
I don't think so, I think the best you'll do will be those ChinaBay adapter-thingies that are already available, but which seem to be coming down in price (I think the first of them that anyone referenced here was about $1600 installed, more recently someone else referenced a different mob installing the same thing for ~$1000). I suspect we'll never get HUD integration though.

Hey at least there're 2016-spec maps now available. :)

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
It has arrived. Can't wipe the smile off my face.:D
Mate you are sooo lucky to get to see it offloaded from the truck. As important a part of the process as the assembly line photos. And the opportunity to see it is OK before the dealers touch it. After seeing your post last week that yours was coming I tried to contact my dealer and got a message Thursday night that it was still due 'at the end of the month'. Then Saturday I got a call to say it was now in stock. Bugger - too late to see it because they don't keep them in the open anymore like when my VE arrived. So I guess the first time I see it will be when I pick it up in the next couple of days. I have made it very clear from day 1 (14 December) that it needs to be perfect (no rush), so here's hoping! Enjoy yours (and get that garage organised!)